• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilots Fired!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just an outsider opinion here, why doesn't the NPA sign a LOA letting the company keep their training guys? It might be the least damage case to the pilot group???, and maybe plan to remove them from the seniority list when you start negotiating again?

Are you kidding me? There is NO negotiating anymore this is all out WAR. The airline should be shut down in the next 24 hours. Now the union can't call for anything illegal but read between the lines here.

Yes Fired. "Position ELIMINATED" "Permanent" Starting sept 6th. Email came out last night along with list of effected pilots.
Why not FURLOUGHED? To protect 15 OLD easter guys still hobbling around the training department. The contract states that before a line pilot is furloughed they must furlough the retired instructors first. To get around this they have decided to FIRE all Probationary pilots on Sept 6th. The list goes back to Sept 10th 2007. WOW what a coincedence. To kill 177 pilots careers and throw them into a market where there is no jobs with no hopes of returning is beyond imagination. The old guys have maybe 3-4 years left tops and all have retirments, grown kids, homes ect. I hope they sleep well at night that family will be broken and careers thrown away.This is AirTran. Maybe a good place to work a few years back but now the abomination of the industry. I rank MESA higher than AirTran.
When the industry rebounds I would take a long hard look at AirTran before applying. The first problem in the industry they will Fire you.

WAY TO GO VALUJET! The pilots will not do anything because they have no balls

The union gave the company relief many years ago during the last contract negotiations to use NSLI's. It was INTENDED to be a short-term measure, not the permanent position it has become. That's why the contract also contains entries that ANY pilot may refuse a checkride by a retired instructor and opt for a checkride by a Seniority List instructor or the FAA instead (I don't know when this has been used, if ever, but the allowance is there).

Is there any way the union could get together there as a whole and just say as representatives for our pilot group there has been a vote (after taking a vote) that any pilot that is a member of the union will be checked by a seniority list instructor.

Or...............and call me crazy here............when/if they ever need pilots again...........they could just bring back the ones that already applied, interviewed, were hired and then flew the line as employees of the company!

If they don't bring back those trained Mgt are fools that is a lot of money going out the door.

Yeah,
Airline pilots have never caved to mgmt pressure before. They have always upheld strikes, never taken concessions, gave up pensions or QOL. Airline pilots are far too unified to ever put up to any low handed tactics by mgmt. Senior pilots have always looked out for junior pilots. Could you imagine if a pilot group ever decided to fly small jets because another pilot group felt that they would lower wages too much. Could you imagine the state of the industry if a pilot took a job at a sub-standard company just to get out of a regional or into one? Whew, I am so glad none of that has ever happened. A shame AAI pilots have to set such a bad precedent.

I hate everyone.

I am no lawyer,

Does anybody have a real definition for the letter that was sent out? I know that it seems pretty clear, however one never knows and It could be standard lingo...

Don't get me wrong, I'm ready for battle. Just want to make sure that what I'm reading is right. I have never seen a furlough notice before...

This is all just play on managements part. Have faith in our union and lets see what happens. Sept 6th is still a ways away. However if 177 junior FO's called in sick for there trips we would have no FO reserves, and captains can refuse to fly as FO's. Just a thought. Good luck to all. If anyone that takes a check ride with someone not on the SL they should be beaten. Also the union should make sure it happens, meaning no check rides with anyone a job was lost over.

Jeff Neely

Not like I have really been trying, but I will guarantee you I won't be going the extra mile on anything from now on!

WAY TO GO VALUJET! The pilots will not do anything because they have no balls

Yeah, that's right . . . Let's see, we have pilots on our seniority list from AA, UAL, TWA, ATA, NWA, DAL, Sun Country, Midwest, Emory, Midway, Vanguard, and pretty much every regional and cargo airline out there, and none of us have any balls :rolleyes:

Here's a great idea, Sport- why don't you come over to Concourse C and make your pronouncement? I'll even arrange for you to have a PA mike in your hand. I'm betting we'll be wearing your balls . . . . as footwear. :laugh:

This Saturday work for you? It works for me.

Ty

Latest resources

Back