Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pilots, Don't buy that new house yet..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ummm... not that I'm disagreeing with your advocacy of ceasing the message board back-and-forth about SLI issues (that's why I've stopped responding for the most part to these threads except for people who are ludicrously out in left field), but what vote are you speaking of here?

Yes I was confused too..... Pilots vote on JCBA only, not an arbitrated SLI unless you do it the LCC way in which you vote to pitch a fit.....

man are you on crack! i would take a staple to the bottom of united right now if i got a 50+% raise! sorry but we are buying you, not the other way around. if you think a 6 year captain at at has the same career expectations as a 6 year fo here you are insane.

It's all in perspective, should a 6 yr captain suddenly lose his seat to a 6yr FO at the SLI? Pay rates are really inconsequential as they can come and go, but the SLI will endure the remainder of your career.

Just think how much better situation SWAPA would be in if they hadn't pushed so hard for years for age 65. Now the SWAPA list will bear the weight of that policy like no other. Guess it's Karma....

It's all in perspective, should a 6 yr captain suddenly lose his seat to a 6yr FO at the SLI? Pay rates are really inconsequential as they can come and go, but the SLI will endure the remainder of your career.

I do not think he would be losing his seat to a 6 yr SWA f/o. I think the argument is why should he keep his seat ahead of a 10 year SWA f/o/ If DOH was used as part of the process then he would never be able to hold the left seat with a 6 year seniority date.

I do not think he would be losing his seat to a 6 yr SWA f/o. I think the argument is why should he keep his seat ahead of a 10 year SWA f/o/ If DOH was used as part of the process then he would never be able to hold the left seat with a 6 year seniority date.
Which is why AirTran pilots will never agree to DOH.

Taking away 25% of our Captain's seats and giving them to Southwest F/O's is definitely something arbitrators would consider a "windfall". No one should lose their seat over the deal.

Like I said, it'll be fair, or it'll go to an arbitrator. Anything else is just typical FI message board banter. I trust our MC implicitly, as I've flown with and known two of them for over a decade, one of the other two had my back during the ALPA merger, and therefore they have my full support and trust.

The faster the upgrade the crappier the company.

Doosh, you really are funny. Is that why after 20 years your man interest is only a 190 f/o at Airways? You turds have the slowest upgrades around, so that justifies LCC as being a "better company?"
Just think doosh, your 20 year 737 captains make almost as much as a 5th year swa f/o......

Which is why AirTran pilots will never agree to DOH.

Taking away 25% of our Captain's seats and giving them to Southwest F/O's is definitely something arbitrators would consider a "windfall". No one should lose their seat over the deal.

Like I said, it'll be fair, or it'll go to an arbitrator. Anything else is just typical FI message board banter. I trust our MC implicitly, as I've flown with and known two of them for over a decade, one of the other two had my back during the ALPA merger, and therefore they have my full support and trust.

That brings up a point. While I agree no one should necessarily "lose a seat," what does this really mean to an arbitrator? By losing a seat, does it mean less pay, worse schedule, worse basing options, fewer days off, etc? Depending upon all the variables, losing a seat from aai ca to wn fo may very well be a lateral or even better move as certainly schedule (reserve ca vs. Senior fo line holder), base of choice, vacation of choice, holidays/weekends off, etc.). I suppose it all depends upon what the new airtran contract will look like before an arbitrator has all of the facts.

Last edited:
I'm sure if American would have bought Airtran in 2000 they would brought out the stapler due to "career expectations" and pay windfall, etc. Ooops, because in the end our guys here at Airtran obviously faired 10x better without American aquiring Airtran back then. This is why the whole fair and equitable thingy came to be. No one has the airline business crystal ball and arbitrators know this. If SWAPA doesnt play fair then an arbitrator will most likely upset many over there. Just remember good ol' KARMA. HMMMMM.....look at AA/TWA, US/AmerWest.....since pilots couldnt play fair both airlines have been lets just say not the most pleasant to work for. Airtran was going to give Midwest a 4/1 ratio on SLI before the deal fell through. I imagine that if KARMA exists we got some good sheet. Lets play fair....there is a way to do this without either sides being aholes.

It really shocks me that Airtran pilots believe that they will get up to a $70,000 a year pay raise !

Thats it !!! I was thinking more like $100,000!!!!! And whoops, just bought the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ssssssseeeeeeyyyyyyyaaaaaaaa

Latest resources

Back