Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pilots, Don't buy that new house yet..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funnyman, where do you come up with these 4-1 numbers. Integration ratios were never shared with the pilot group, as the deal never happened. Quit pulling this sh!t out of your azz and speculating on what you know nothing about.

Which is why AirTran pilots will never agree to DOH.

Taking away 25% of our Captain's seats and giving them to Southwest F/O's is definitely something arbitrators would consider a "windfall". No one should lose their seat over the deal.

Like I said, it'll be fair, or it'll go to an arbitrator. Anything else is just typical FI message board banter. I trust our MC implicitly, as I've flown with and known two of them for over a decade, one of the other two had my back during the ALPA merger, and therefore they have my full support and trust.

Do you really think a 6 year Captain with Airtran would be put into a position that he would be a 10-11 year Captain with SWA? Maybe in your dreams but not in the real world. It will be fair but that will not happen.

That was info I got from the president of the NPA. I flew with him just after he was back online in late 2007. He claimed we were going to treat them very fair a 4/1 ratio is what he said. That was the NPA days and who knows what the truth is.

It really shocks me that Airtran pilots believe that they will get up to a $70,000 a year pay raise !

Thats it !!! I was thinking more like $100,000!!!!! And whoops, just bought the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ssssssseeeeeeyyyyyyyaaaaaaaa
Yeah, but after taxes, etc. $100K is really only $25K. :)

Originally Posted by mbd
SWA acquiring AT is no different than if SWA bought a regional airline..........................

Not really..... according to GK..................

Question: How does acquiring AirTran support that growth?

>> GARY: "We wanted to see if there’s an opportunity for us to improve the strength of the Company and make us more competitive by simply offering more service to more places. And, of course, the gaping hole in our route map has been and would continue to be Atlanta. Atlanta is a very gate-constrained airport. But AirTran is also a very solid airline. They’re a low cost airline, like Southwest Airlines. They’re a low fare brand like Southwest and they’re profitable. And we have an opportunity to buy them and step into their shoes and have a profitable operation there with 32 gates – we don’t have 32 gates anywhere in our entire system. We have opportunities to connect our two route systems together and create significant increased revenues for the Company that boost our overall profitability well beyond what we could do ourselves."

"More recently, and as a result of a stagnant economy and decrease in demand for air travel, we found that growth is not a given. ASM capacity was down 3 percent year-over-year for the first half of 2010–following a 5 percent decrease in 2009 and growth of just 4 percent in 2008. There was no growth relief on our immediate horizon. We said in July that we would remain committed to reaching our financial targets before we return to any significant level of fleet growth. We said our capacity will remain essentially flat for 2010, estimating a modest year-over-year capacity increase in 2011 with, again, no fleet growth and no plans to grow the fleet in 2012, either. Regrettably, that’s the kind of scenario where we’ve had to make some tough choices, such as returning some Captains to First Officer status. A reduced schedule also affected Employees’ ability to pick up additional shifts and trips."

man are you on crack! i would take a staple to the bottom of united right now if i got a 50+% raise! sorry but we are buying you, not the other way around. if you think a 6 year captain at at has the same career expectations as a 6 year fo here you are insane.

First of all, it's not a 50% raise for everyone and your current contract is no guarantee of future earnings. Contracts change every few years and not long ago your contract wasn't all that great. You can't predict the future and I'm not going to bet my seniority on what your contract MAY look like in the future.
2nd, the fact that SW is the acquiring carrier is meaningless, read the legislation.

AT pilots would still be hitting the jackpot being stapled to the bottom of SWA and nobody would get screwed. .

Sounds like the opinion of someone new to the airline industry.

Some of us have been doing this for a while and know how these things typically play out.

Sounds like the opinion of someone new to the airline industry.

Some of us have been doing this for a while and know how these things typically play out.

I'm just curious why you're so suddenly hung up on sticking up for Air Tran pilots when just a short time ago you were writing stuff like this:

Let that be a lesson to you, stay away from AirTran. I do.

And this:

Doesn't airtrash make you sign a 2 year employment contract?

And most importantly this:

Then I guess -9 was right, you were brainwashed.

Glad I don't work there, with unity like this, management has the upper hand. Good luck guys, you'll need it.

Some of these screen names are shared by a crashpad, don't know about this one, though. Maybe Clyde Frog hopped on over to the Tranny.

Ummm... not that I'm disagreeing with your advocacy of ceasing the message board back-and-forth about SLI issues (that's why I've stopped responding for the most part to these threads except for people who are ludicrously out in left field), but what vote are you speaking of here?

I was just throwing a little back at him. Basically letting him know that there are multiple opinions at the Tranny and his is no more valid then the next guy. Just because he is senior doesn't make his opinion right. You know what they say about opinions right.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back