Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pilots, Don't buy that new house yet..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
love that that airtran pilots are pushing for arbitration. :)

Not at all. It's simply our fall-back position if our MC can't work out something equitable for everyone.

Most of us are saying "Let's find something that's fair, and a wholesale staple of large portions of our F/O list to the bottom of your list and large numbers of our CA's getting bounced back to F/O ain't it." I sincerely hope we can and we can all just have a great time at work together, take care of each other, fly our trips, and go home. :)

I'm willing to let every AT guy have exactly what they have Today.

Same pay, same benefits, same domiciles, same retirement, same seat, etc.

But if you want to come play in this sandbox you will need to give up something.

So what are you willing to give up?

Serious question.

How about upgrade and fast movement up the seniority list. We are set to do that with existing orders that our very profitable and streamlined company was in a position to make.

Not at all. It's simply our fall-back position if our MC can't work out something equitable for everyone.

Most of us are saying "Let's find something that's fair, and a wholesale staple of large portions of our F/O list to the bottom of your list and large numbers of our CA's getting bounced back to F/O ain't it." I sincerely hope we can and we can all just have a great time at work together, take care of each other, fly our trips, and go home. :)

man are you on crack! i would take a staple to the bottom of united right now if i got a 50+% raise! sorry but we are buying you, not the other way around. if you think a 6 year captain at at has the same career expectations as a 6 year fo here you are insane.

if alpa came to AT the day before this was announced and asked for a pilot vote to be stapled to the bottom of southwest it would have passed 90%

man are you on crack! i would take a staple to the bottom of united right now if i got a 50+% raise! sorry but we are buying you, not the other way around. if you think a 6 year captain at at has the same career expectations as a 6 year fo here you are insane.

You're right. There's no comparison.

The 6 yr AT Captain will still be a Captain, and a 6 yr SW F/O
will still be an F/O.

Deal with it. That's reality.

I have no interest in engaging you when you are so polarized against our pilot group and on such a severely skewed side of the spectrum for what "fair" is, that there's simply no hope of convincing you otherwise.

I will simply state that I disagree with ALL of your assertions and find absolutely zero basis in reality for them. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, just as I'm entitled to mine, I simply disagree with it.

This will be fair to BOTH parties. Or it will go to arbitration. For the rest of the Southwest pilots who understand that basic truth, I look forward to flying with you in the future.

Regards,,,

Integrity would be to respect someones DOH. Polar Atlas, Frontier RAH Midwest, AWA AAA, CAL United. They are all going to be very messy unless they get a contract first like Delta did with NWA. If you piss of the bigger group, Good luck. That is what happens when pilots think they deserve more. Every seniority list is based on longevity. It should not change just because you merge. The faster the upgrade the crappier the company. Airlines that pay well and get cheap labor usually expand , while airlines with higher labor cost tend to stagnate.

SWA should offer DOH to all Air tran pilots. If it goes relative from top to bottom, you will see a revolt at SWA and it would be alot uglier then the True union principle of DOH.

M

your claiming the other guy is on crack but you would take a staple to the bottom of united right now???????

Latest resources

Back