AirTran Pilot Arrested!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't trust you with a pair of chopsticks let alone an Hk .40

What do chopsticks and and a .40 have in common genius?? One is a gun and the other I like to eat sushi with sometimes.

Your ratings in your profile indicate that you were on the G-II, III, IV, 450. Is this code word for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and a repeat of 4th grade in respect to the highest level of education you obtained?:p

Beaufort resident. 22 years USMC. Airline Captain. My guess is they arrested a retired Marine LtCol fighter pilot for some sort of alleged assault. BS! Never happened. There is no way a person of that background would ever lose their cool over something as petty as the TSA. I agree with everybody else. It was some Barney Fife with a chip on his shoulder. What a bunch of crap.

Probably a helicopter pilot.

I was told by an FAA Ops Inspector that an altercation with a Blue Shirt can result in an immediate arrest, after which, you can be held for 120 days without being charged.

I seriously doubt this is actually true in practice (in theory, perhaps) The US constitution still allows for habeas corpus. Article 1, section 9.

"The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

If indeed, the TSA determines that this individual is an invastion threat, you might get your 120 days. And if they manage to hold on to a 22 year veteran of the Marines and a background checked airline Captain (or you for that matter) dont forget to thank....... BUSH/CHENEY and the histeria surrounding 9/11.

It is easy to malign the ACLU for some of the more ridiculous claims that they make and cases they take. However, don't forget, it is a very thin line between "them' and "us". These are the people who will howl when they come for you. Provided you didn't keep silent when they came for them.

Sweet Dreams.

Rum

I seriously doubt this is actually true in practice (in theory, perhaps) The US constitution still allows for habeas corpus. Article 1, section 9.

"The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

If indeed, the TSA determines that this individual is an invastion threat, you might get your 120 days. And if they manage to hold on to a 22 year veteran of the Marines and a background checked airline Captain (or you for that matter) dont forget to thank....... BUSH/CHENEY and the histeria surrounding 9/11.

It is easy to malign the ACLU for some of the more ridiculous claims that they make and cases they take. However, don't forget, it is a very thin line between "them' and "us". These are the people who will howl when they come for you. Provided you didn't keep silent when they came for them.

Sweet Dreams.

Rum

Nothing get by you.

That is why this industry sucks so bad..... The just shut up and take it mentality. Try standing up for your self sometime.

I am not going to lose my job (career), over an arguement with the TSA, or co-worker.

In my case, I took the ticket without getting out of my seat or raising my voice. Immediately called my Chief Pilot, and had him take care of it while I flew the flight. It was resolved by the time I landed at destination.

What do chopsticks and and a .40 have in common genius?? One is a gun and the other I like to eat sushi with sometimes.

Your ratings in your profile indicate that you were on the G-II, III, IV, 450. Is this code word for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and a repeat of 4th grade in respect to the highest level of education you obtained?:p

Don't worry - Instructorfag - Gutshot's FO on the G-string probable makes damn near double what the Captain on your RJ does........

:smash:

Beaufort resident. 22 years USMC. Airline Captain. My guess is they arrested a retired Marine LtCol fighter pilot for some sort of alleged assault. BS! Never happened. There is no way a person of that background would ever lose their cool over something as petty as the TSA. I agree with everybody else. It was some Barney Fife with a chip on his shoulder. What a bunch of crap.

I agree with what seems to be the consensus of this thread. However, just to be the devil's advocate, nobody is infallible and anyone can lose their cool....even a Marine Colonel.

Terrorists' Safety Assured. The badges were a bad idea; did they have those at the Mall too?

Latest resources

Back