• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilot Arrested!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a frivolous incident for both parties. Pilot should've known better than to make physical contact with her. Verbalizing his dissatisfaction with her adjustment would have sufficed. Especially with an insecure and power hungry TSA agent. I know, I know, one can only endure so much idiocy from them, but restraint is necessary.

This all began with the pilot's reticence towards her query, it would seem. She didn't care for it and felt offended and took it a step further. I'd place the blame on both agent and pilot. No reason for this to have escalated. Shaniqua should know better. She had her feelings hurt just as the pilot did from her adjustment. Truth is, everyone has their dislikes of other individuals (for whatever reason, whether it be race, title, looks, etc.). Clearly, these two disliked eachother enough to grab an arm and to make a mountain out of a mole hill by detaining the pilot over a questionable action of his. How hard he "grabbed" her hand or perhaps he merely blocked or prevented her from making too many hand movements with his tray. It would appear he was able to continue on without any problem. Agent goes and cries assault. Incredible.

The sad thing is, the TSA agent will end up being the victim. The sentiment will be lost. TSA power is scary. It's like nukes in the hands of a third world country.

You're assuming an awful lot, don't you think? How do you know he touched her at all? Just because she said so? That's a big leap of faith. I don't trust Toothpaste Stealing A$$holes as far as I can throw them.

I suggest that you assume that the pilot is innocent until Mrs. Shonica can prove that he's guilty. I would wager that the security tape will prove that she's a liar.

I'm also trying to figure out how a hand squeeze, even if it was the pressure of a firm handshake, constitutes "aggravated assault".

I'm inclined to believe the Colonel likely may have simply been trying to protect a laptop or other piece of property she was mishandling and she got angry about it and exaggerated the situation before I believe he deliberately tried to cause her physical harm. Part of that belief might stem from the fact that she's still breathing, walking upright, and didn't require a hospital visit from a 6' 4" 240 Lb ex-marine's "assault". Something tells me that individual's "assault" would have likely resulted in the death or incapacitation of the person on the receiving end....

Could be wrong... it's happened before.

Last edited:
You're assuming an awful lot, don't you think? How do you know he touched her at all? Just because she said so? That's a big leap of faith. I don't trust Toothpaste Stealing A$$holes as far as I can throw them.

I suggest that you assume that the pilot is innocent until Mrs. Shonica can prove that he's guilty. I would wager that the security tape will prove that she's a liar.

Other than commenting on whats been reported, I'm assuming nothing. I do believe he is innocent until proven guilty.

I'd have to wager though, that the incident was caught on camera and will or has been reviewed at this point. However, I will make a leap of faith and bet that there was indeed some form of an altercation, even if a mild one and certainly physical contact, even if delicate. She made a mountain out of it due to perceived slights by the pilot.

If this guy truly assaulted her, he'd have never made it to the flightdeck. For all we know, she decided to make issue of it after the fact. Seems pride may have got the best of her.

However, I will make a leap of faith and bet that there was indeed some form of an altercation, even if a mild one and certainly physical contact, even if delicate.

Again, big ass-umption. I have no reason to believe that there was any physical contact whatsoever. In fact, I have every reason to believe that there wasn't, because he is a respected air line Captain and military veteran, and she's nothing more than a TSA-hole. Until she proves otherwise, I don't believe he even came close to touching her.

Again, big ass-umption. I have no reason to believe that there was any physical contact whatsoever. In fact, I have every reason to believe that there wasn't, because he is a respected air line Captain and military veteran, and she's nothing more than a TSA-hole. Until she proves otherwise, I don't believe he even came close to touching her.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Knowing someone is meaningless. People do unexpected things all the time. I highly doubt he made any substantial contact physcially, but I do believe that something certainly took place.

People with unusual first names are believed to have large attitudes and low center of gravitys.

First, It explains that whoever hatched her and let her pick her name was an idiot and she seems to have not escaped that cycle of idiocy.

Second, it suggests that she is a member of a certain swarthy complected minority that feels they are owed something simply by virtue of their skin pigmentation.

An idiot with an out of proportion sense of entitlement and a default victim mentality. Bad combination.

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste."

Both of you are being both very presumptuous and mindlessly racist.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back