• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilot Arrested!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how many tsa agents have been caught stealing items from the security area?? The Colonel may have simply been trying to protect his items from being pilfered and did not want/need any extra "hands' touching his personal stuff. I bet all charges will be dropped and TSA gets the credit for cancelling/delaying another flight due to an overinflated ego. HS

Look Fellow FIers, I don't think making fun of someones name, because it has an African meaning is very nice. You can't help what your named for one, whether your name is Billy Bob or Tamika you will be judged the same by me.

If you think some of those silly names being mocked, actually have African meanings, I have some beachfront land in NoDak to sell you. You arent going to find a Shonica, or Shoniqua or whatever it is, in Africa. I have lived there, you do not find those ridiculous names.

If you want to get down to brass tacks so to speak, people from Africa who come to the US to study, want nothing to do with inner city/hip hop "culture", and often do not actually even get along with American blacks.

Last edited:
If you want to get down to brass tacks so to speak, people from Africa who come to the US to study, want nothing to do with inner city/hip hop "culture", and often do not actually even get along with American blacks.

Very true. I've flown with an African guy in the U.S. and he's nothing like the ones who've been here for years. As a matter of fact, he was a nice, friendly guy with no malice at all. He had a good attitude and plenty in the way of aviation ambitions. He was very unlike the typical Black person his age (late 20's) you might encounter in an American inner city. It wasn't like he acted "White" or anything either. He seemed immune or oblivious to any racism which might be directed his way. What I mean by that is that he acted as if Blacks were never treated poorly and were equals. He didnt have any distrust or hostility towards anyone. No anger or resentment (which is characterisitc of many inner city Black youths), just a happy guy with a good attitude. He didn't let anything hold him back.

Listen, Red Neck is a word used a lot around my "neck" of the woods south of ATL on the 161 Radial at 25 DME or more. It was always interesting to me that the county over from Spaulding called Pike was the red neck capital of the world the people in "spaulding" county were the upper east side. Then you have the ATL folk that thought Spaulding was the Red Neck Capital. So where ever you are and whatever you think the "Red Neck" is you might just need to take a step back.

I agree, unfortunatley, with TWE pilot that don't judge. Also, I have flown with him and don't want to piss him off. Its bad. :)

Now that's funny!

Latest resources

Back