• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilot Arrested!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOL - "tell me about Sabre..." that's pretty funny, actually.

I, too, doubt very seriously that this has any basis in fact. From the sounds of it, the AIRPORT POLICE refused to act, so TSA went around them, called the local CITY police, filed the Assault and Battery charge, the the CITY police acted on the complaint, which is well within their jurisdiction, and they're required to do so if there's a complaint with at least one witness.

Hopefully it won't take long to exonerate him, but just goes to show how much damage can be done when the wrong people get a little too much authority.

I thought the blue shirts were to make them feel a little like an airline pilot. white is just too common. ever seen a mall cop wearing jet "blue"?

Many years ago, I got a ticket from the airport cop (ORD) with pax onboard.

I brought a jumpseater out to the plane prior to boarding and the gate agent had a fit, and called the cops. I tried explaining that he was a crewmember....still got the ticket. Chief pilot took care of it and had it dropped.

Theres just something at the airports that bring out the egos...whether its the TSA, the gate agent, the cop, and even the pilot.

Just smile and be nice to all airport employees. No need to argue with anyone, its NOT worth losing your job.

Are you freaking kidding? You received a ticket for allowing a j/s to walk down early? What was the ticket for? Let me guess, early boarding? Does that come with points on your pilot certificate? WOW!!

Could you issue a ticket to the gate agent for being stupid? I sure would have asked that question with said agent standing there. But then a call to the Pro Stands Committee would have resulted.

A GS type pay scale person (read TSA) can wreak havoc on a professional with no check/balance of the TSA rep. Yet, they continue to hire slugs, thugs, slim and have a very high turnover within it's ranks.

Sounds like there might be some other issues. Either way, it is pretty stupid to assault a Federal Officer (TSA).

Federal Officer is a funny term. If our gov't. really wanted to provide the public with true airport security then they (TSA) would be able to carry a sidearm. Yes, a firearm of some sort. Well, we all know why they don't carry and it's a good reason. Could ya picture that sight. And they'd all receive more then one round too.

6-foot-4-inch 230-pound ... a 57-year-old who was honorably discharged from the Marines in 1995 after 22 years of service.

6' 4", 230 lbs, and in the Marines.

I bet this guy was a badass in his younger days.

Beaufort resident. 22 years USMC. Airline Captain. My guess is they arrested a retired Marine LtCol fighter pilot for some sort of alleged assault. BS! Never happened. There is no way a person of that background would ever lose their cool over something as petty as the TSA. I agree with everybody else. It was some Barney Fife with a chip on his shoulder. What a bunch of crap.

I'm not saying that he is, but, even with that background, he still could be an &%^ hole.

Latest resources

Back