• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilot Arrested!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heh guys read the Patriot Act put into law by Bush and supported by the democratic congress. The power they gave the govt. easily renders the constitution moot. All they have to do is say security threat and you will go away for awhile. No rights, no nothing.

Heh guys read the Patriot Act put into law by Bush and supported by the democratic congress. The power they gave the govt. easily renders the constitution moot. All they have to do is say security threat and you will go away for awhile. No rights, no nothing.

While your description is somewhat of an oversimplification, your message is correct. Despite the name, he Patriot Act is indeed a huge threat to the true American way of life. I agree with the intent, the execution leaves much to be desired. Fear not Average American (read: white christian) nothing to fear here, move along, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Thread Killer

Now, I don't frequent this forum all that often, but it seems to me that I seem to be the thread killer. I eagerly await the next break in my computer work to glance at FI to see what drivel will be spewed my way regarding a post of mine. Alas, I am continually disappointed to see that I am the frequently the last post on almost any topic on which I comment.

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, gentlemen.

Don't worry - Instructorfag - Gutshot's FO on the G-string probable makes damn near double what the Captain on your RJ does........

:smash:

That would be correct sir.

Instructortool, the profile represents 3 SEPARATE type ratings in the Gulfstream fleet. More what you might call a couple of Master's degrees. And by the way, the Hk .40 is a FIREARM or a WEAPON, not a gun. And you probably couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat. If they do let your lame a$$ into the program, hopefully you'll contract the Hantavirus while you're in NM. You and rat turds are clearly in frequent close proximity.

Yes, I'm sure the reference escapes you. Look it up.

You work for Gulfstream??!! I thought Gulfstream flew the 1900??

Gun weapon firearm pistol whatever.... You probably like the movie Grand Torino. What a stupid movie.

Beaufort resident. 22 years USMC. Airline Captain. My guess is they arrested a retired Marine LtCol fighter pilot for some sort of alleged assault. BS! Never happened. There is no way a person of that background would ever lose their cool over something as petty as the TSA. I agree with everybody else. It was some Barney Fife with a chip on his shoulder. What a bunch of crap.

He was also a Top Gun pilot.....

NEWPORT NEWS — The pilot on an AirTran aircraft was removed in handcuffs from his plane at Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport on Wednesday because of a confrontation with a screener at check-in, arrest records reveal.

Michael Wayne Karnath, 57, of Beaufort, S.C., was taken into custody at 7:18 a.m. Wednesday and charged with assault and battery. The arrest warrant in Newport News General District Court contained a complaint from Shonica Lattrice Bell, an airport security worker employed by the Transportation Security Administration.

"A pilot approached the checkpoint. I spoke to him, but he did not speak back," Bell's complaint says. "As he was putting his items in the tray, I tried to reposition his items before they went through the X-ray. The pilot them squeezed my hand very tight and shoved my hand back away from the tray that his items were in. I then called to make a complaint."

Karnath was arrested by D.R. Lyons of Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport police.

Officials have declined to comment on the arrest, but Lauren Gaches, a TSA spokeswoman, would only say Karnath was involved in a confrontation with a screener at the security checkpoint.

Janice Hall of Poquoson was a passenger on the Boeing 717 waiting to leave for Boston on Wednesday. She said passengers were worried even before Karnath's arrest because of errant messages broadcast from the cockpit.

Hall said the intercom announced that the passengers should "prepare for arrival" before the plane had even taken off from Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport. She said passengers were then told they were about an hour from their destination of Atlanta.

"He then said we were going to Boston. We wondered what was going on," Hall said.

Christopher White, an AirTran spokesman, said the passengers might have overheard a radio transmission from another plane that was picked up while the intercom was activated.

Hall said the passengers had to wait almost three hours as a new pilot was brought in to fly the plane. She said the passengers were initially told there had been a "minor TSA safety issue," but later they were told the problem was down to a "duty time issue."

"It left us all shaking our heads," she said.

Capt. Karnath was doing nothng more than protecting his personal property and Shonica threw her TSA ghetto rent a cop attutude up in his face.

Latest resources

Back