• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Opens App Window April 1st 0900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys, seriously how could you compare Airtran to Delta? DAL always selected the best of the best. Can you say the same?
How many years of actual hiring are your "15 years to upgrade on DC9"?
2? Or 3? Or 5?
Wait until Delta matches your prices out of ATL and will see how long it'll take your FOs to upgrade.

PS. Delta hired EAL scabs too, but Delta pilots refused to fly with them. So they we fired after training. Ever heard of that?

But more jobs for better than regional pay - I am all for it!!! Hope you hire soon!!!

Last edited:
Wait until Delta matches your prices out of ATL and will see how long it'll take your FOs to upgrade.
They could try...

Again.

Last time they tried it, they lost their shorts. Seriously. On a CASM basis, Delta can't touch AirTran's prices and usually doesn't even try in competing markets. It's financial suicide for DAL to try; they'd do nothing but lose money and won't try that approach again...

Guys, seriously how could you compare Airtran to Delta? DAL always selected the best of the best. Can you say the same?
How many years of actual hiring are your "15 years to upgrade on DC9"?
2? Or 3? Or 5?

PS. Delta hired EAL scabs too, but Delta pilots refused to fly with them. So they we fired after training. Ever heard of that?

But more jobs for better than regional pay - I am all for it!!! Hope you hire soon!!!

EMB Pilot,

This is very sad .... For you. Are you the Eagle pilot that claimed to have a little more experience than he really had ?
Your qualifications really don't add up. Nor does your syntax. Here's a little quote from your autobio:

" 1998-2000
College, BS, PPL-MEII - 50K

2001-2004
CFI and first year FO - still sinking into credit cards for another 20K

Zero regrets, dream come true. "

EMB pilot 02/10/2012

Hows that F16 and 777 working for you. The two year BS degree ? No pun intended :laugh:

Last edited:
It's not how many scabs Delta hired, it's how many strikers got hired. Can anyone guess? My guess is ZERO. Management would hate to disrupt the koolaid party.

All this coming from a CAL guy who probably helped screw his jr guys out of any sort of real compensation or benefits the first year. Please, pick up some more open time, sir. My furloughed buddy and his family enjoy barely scraping by.

Besides guys Delta and Airtran do have a relationship to a certain extent, they would rather have Airtran in their hub then Southwest. I think that was obvious by their decision to give Airtran landing slots out of LGA then Southwest.

Exactly. The 'Monster Buck' isn't making Monster Bucks.

No Captain at AirTran is making guarantee by the way. Even reserves credit between 85 to 110 hours a month. It sucks but those are the numbers.

I hope both companies pay goes up substantially. Monster; Educate yourself before you point the pay finger. When you're finished educating yourself, concentrate on raising your own bad pay.

Enjoy the 9. It's a great airplane ;)

the nine? with only about 40 this fall our of 750+ aircraft, im not too worried about being stuck on the nine for a career, but if you want to talk about what we offer and what you offer feel free.:D

767 in ATL, yes your right 6th year isn't having it on 767 there, good pick. In NYC, sorry you didn't look there, no prob. 07' 767 hire has over 100 guys below them in NYC. Fully educated so go buck yourself. Buddy of mine at that shathole in ATL for Airtranny, fourth year making his $66, on the 737, we have had our 07's on the 767, $102 for them. BTW my fourth on 737 is $99. I guess when you get your 30 percent pay raises you will be caught up, good luck. Your also right about the credit you guys got it good, keep it up.

Last edited:
What I find fascinating is that we're even having the discussion over their "negotiations" 6 years after the amendable date????

That length of time is just embarrassing and unacceptable!

What are the reasons this hasn't gone to mediation and then a subsequent request to be released to the cooling-off and then self-help.

SIX YEARS....

C'mon. This aint like putting a man on the moon. And you sure are not starting from scratch in the Airline Union vs. Management relationship!

What's the deal??????!!!!

the nine? with only about 40 this fall our of 750+ aircraft, im not too worried about being stuck on the nine for a career, but if you want to talk about what we offer and what you offer feel free.:D

767 in ATL, yes your right 6th year isn't having it on 767 there, good pick. In NYC, sorry you didn't look there, no prob. 07' 767 hire has over 100 guys below them in NYC. Fully educated so go buck yourself. Buddy of mine at that shathole in ATL for Airtranny, fourth year making his $66, on the 737, we have had our 07's on the 767, $102 for them. BTW my fourth on 737 is $99. I guess when you get your 30 percent pay raises you will be caught up, good luck. Your also right about the credit you guys got it good, keep it up.

Pirate boy ...... When, and if you upgrade you will be at the 12 year mark. You'll have something really tasty in store for you then; Reserve in DTW or NYC on the 9 or the 88. Now that's QOL isn't it ? You're current 12 year CA rate on the 9 is the same as the Tranny 12 year rate.

Listen Bud. You are defending the indefensible. You are defending crap pay and QOL. AirTran is trying to improve it.

In your Avatar you have a fish bone with no meat in your mouth. I'm not surprised. Did Delta tell you it was good for you ?

The End.

It's all about QOL. I have a very close friend at ATL. Based and LIVES in ATL. FO on the 88. She fully expects that she'll retire (at 60 OR LESS by the way 'cause she's smart and savvy) as an FO because she is NOT willing to sacrifice her QOL, and that of her family, just to be a reserve CA, commuting to or living in some $hit-hole like JFK or DTW, etc... which she could do right now.

But, for some, picking up, loading up the wagon, putting kids in new schools, etc....it's the best thing. OR, dealing with the commute. Some folks, like my friend, look at it WAY differently.

YMMV and so might your commute!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back