• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Opens App Window April 1st 0900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I never ONCE heard any of the ex-EAL training center instructors say a SINGLE thing about crossing a line, or even vaguely about union relations in general, one-on-one. They were there to train, I was there to learn, they were very professional about it, and so was I. In. Out. On the line. The end.

They may say things from time to time in CLASSES about union activities and "not rocking the boat" for the airline's survival. I think I might have heard that twice in initial and once in recurrent for just a few minutes each. We blew it off, knowing their position and why (before we even knew they were ex-EAL) and got our info from the Association.

Most pilots are intelligent and experienced enough to know better. I think you overestimate the ex-EAL pilot's influence...
Spot on analysis Lear70. Heck, one of our instructors was heavily involved in the ATL strike center during the Eastern strike.

It's not. From what I heard the Chief pilot announced it YESTERDAY in a Crew Trac message to all the pilots and specifically said that it's not an April Fool's joke.

It's still early in the ATL, and our IT people probably haven't flipped the switch yet. I'd check back around noon EDT.

Wanted to see the mins and this popped up. We sure this is not an April Fool's joke?

AirTran Job Search

Select the Job Function, Location or AirTran division you are interested in, then click "Search for Jobs". If no jobs return, you may want to broaden your search criteria.

Show Search Criteria|Save this Search

No matching entries found.

Previous Page|Next Page

No jobs match the specified criteria.

Last edited:
You have to remember this is AirTran. The cheapest Mgt in the industry when it comes to its employees. I will be surprised if the window opens within 5 hrs of what the message said. IT cant even get the bidding time line correct but that's what you get when the IT dept is outsourced to India. ( just kidding)

You have to remember this is AirTran. The cheapest Mgt in the industry when it comes to its employees. I will be surprised if the window opens within 5 hrs of what the message said. IT cant even get the bidding time line correct but that's what you get when the IT dept is outsourced to India. ( just kidding)

Must be an epidemic in this industry. I'm convinced our IT Department is 4 guys sitting around asking the Microsoft Paperclip questions.

In 2009, Airtran averaged 50,000 block hours a month for June, July, and August while averaging only 44,000 block hours a month for September through December (12% average reduction off the summertime peak season). If the first new airplane isn't supposed to arrive until March or April of 2011, why would Airtran be hiring pilots in July 2010? Guys hired in July wouldn't be line qualified FOs until the flying has already dropped off to normal fall schedules (which typically don't require extra pilots).

Maybe Apple/Funjet Vacations is happy with Airtran's performance this winter and is going to expand Airtran's contract for winter 2010/spring 2011. Maybe the company has modeled our Section 5 proposal and realizes it will take more pilots to fly our system under our future contract.

Regardless of what is or is not happening with respect to airplanes, hiring, or new routes, our focus need to be on getting a contract that rewards the Airtran pilots for their hard work since our current contract expired.

MAnagement will drag this out through the busy summer season to keep mediator happy then tell pilots to pound sand in fall. They will have new hires that were either unemployed and desperate or guys that quit jobs to come here. They are betting that financial reality will be greater than idealistic rhetoric and they will fly as newbies. Plus the few scabs that would gladly fly 100 hours a month, plus the guys that are just scabs in waiting that see opportunity to get in good with company and make lots of extra cash flying open time, plus there might be some that will be offered upgrade and will take it. You never know the true human heart until it gets ripped out. I hope none of that happens. I hope I hope I hope. I do not believe management is scared or worried or impressed about a strike vote. What is the worst thing that can happen to them? They shut down Airways and keep all the money they already made plus severance? Or better yet, AAI just starts alter ego airline that is non union and all the Republic scum of the earth fly them? This is going to be bad for us period.

Latest resources

Back