• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Opens App Window April 1st 0900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Future scabs to fly with the Eastern scabs. perfect. I hope very few apply. They would be entering a battlefield and they would be the first casualties since they have no job protection if they man up and honor strike.
Get your facts straight before you spout off what you know nothing about.

There are about 20 ex-Eastern guys left on property. That's out of 1700 total pilots. Do the math dumba$$. That's 0.012%.

AirTran is a Major ALPA carrier and anyone coming here knows that. The MEC will most likely mandate that probationary pilots are to honor the picket line. That will of course cause them to get fired, however their reinstatement will be part of the return-to-work package once the contract gets settled and no contract will be signed without their return.

If some of them did not honor the picket line and the contract got settled anyway, they would be labeled scabs for life and immediately expelled from ATN ALPA from which they would then spend the rest of their careers at ATN being ridiculed, harassed, and ostrasized. Only a fool would choose that path.

Don,
Thank you. I get tired of hearing that stuff too, it gets old. I wonder if he would have said the same thing had the Continental or United App window had just opened? Not knocking those airlines, just saying those Eastern line crossers scattered all over when it was done. There's not that many left anywhere. Kinda ranks right up there with how the media would love to bring up an accident back in 96, should some incident happen again.

Hi!

I believe last time it was not 500 PIC turbine, but 500 PIC -121.

cliff
LFW
PS-The app window should open in about 2 hours. I will update my app ASAP.

In 2009, Airtran averaged 50,000 block hours a month for June, July, and August while averaging only 44,000 block hours a month for September through December (12% average reduction off the summertime peak season). If the first new airplane isn't supposed to arrive until March or April of 2011, why would Airtran be hiring pilots in July 2010? Guys hired in July wouldn't be line qualified FOs until the flying has already dropped off to normal fall schedules (which typically don't require extra pilots).

Maybe Apple/Funjet Vacations is happy with Airtran's performance this winter and is going to expand Airtran's contract for winter 2010/spring 2011. Maybe the company has modeled our Section 5 proposal and realizes it will take more pilots to fly our system under our future contract.

Regardless of what is or is not happening with respect to airplanes, hiring, or new routes, our focus need to be on getting a contract that rewards the Airtran pilots for their hard work since our current contract expired.

Don,
Thank you. I get tired of hearing that stuff too, it gets old. I wonder if he would have said the same thing had the Continental or United App window had just opened? Not knocking those airlines, just saying those Eastern line crossers scattered all over when it was done. There's not that many left anywhere. Kinda ranks right up there with how the media would love to bring up an accident back in 96, should some incident happen again.

Again, you guys get wrapped around the axle when someone mentions EAL and scabs. Most of our pilots were teenagers popping zits when Eastern went out on strike. Just let the haters hate, success is the greatest revenge. Good luck to all the applicants!

Don,

I disagree. Eastern boys made it to the top of the training department in Air Tran. They influenced many many pilots along the way.

I never ONCE heard any of the ex-EAL training center instructors say a SINGLE thing about crossing a line, or even vaguely about union relations in general, one-on-one. They were there to train, I was there to learn, they were very professional about it, and so was I. In. Out. On the line. The end.

They may say things from time to time in CLASSES about union activities and "not rocking the boat" for the airline's survival. I think I might have heard that twice in initial and once in recurrent for just a few minutes each. We blew it off, knowing their position and why (before we even knew they were ex-EAL) and got our info from the Association.

Most pilots are intelligent and experienced enough to know better. I think you overestimate the ex-EAL pilot's influence...

Can't seem get it to work either? Certainly not looking to cross any line just looking to get out of the regional arena. Is it posted?

Latest resources

Back