• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC: Whine on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Displacement rights are a big part of the DRC. A displaced pilot is able to bid into the base their seniority can hold immediately instead of waiting months or years. That's the way I understand it anyway.

SWAPA looked into getting ROR into the CBA but SWA management said that it wouldn't be fair to the AirTran pilots so they wouldn't even discuss it. Good luck getting displacement rights when there is nothing in the SWAPA contract, nor the SLI, that mentions it.

I don't think we are trying to get a redo on the SLI. That is what it is. I think it has more to do with capt seats, displacement rights, etc. The list won't be changed. For the bottom half of the AAI list the DRC won't make much if any difference at all.
I don't think Bond Mckaskil has anything to do with this particular arbitration. Many have already transitioned. That ship has sailed as well.
Time to sit back and watch the show. We should find out if it will even go to arbitration in the next few weeks. The wheels turn slow.

Agreed. I think you guys that are still over there are getting a different deal than you bargained for, and there should be some compensation for that.

I should've quoted PCL when he said:
An answer should come from that arbitrator soon, and then we'll proceed with the real arbitration that would have happened last year if Steve Chase hadn't had so much sand up his vagina.

Was he talking about arbitrating the SLI, or something else. My mistake if he was referring to some other arbitration "that would've happened last year".

Agreed. I think you guys that are still over there are getting a different deal than you bargained for, and there should be some compensation for that.

I should've quoted PCL when he said:

Was he talking about arbitrating the SLI, or something else. My mistake if he was referring to some other arbitration "that would've happened last year".

I can't speak for PCL but I believe he was referring to the recent deal. The first go around was to determine if we had the "jusridiction" to file the case. SWAPA's stance is that we don't and AAI ALPA feels that we do. If it comes back in the affirmative then we go to arbitration. If not the case is dead. Once again I don't think it is to change the SLI. I am pretty sure that can't happen.

The equivalent of a grievance has already been filed through the DRA process. The
SWAPA crybabies refused to hear anything of it, claiming that AirTran pilots didn't have access to the DRA process. So we went to a different arbitration to force SWAPA to act like adults and acknowledge that people on both sides of the partition have access to the DRA process. An answer should come from that arbitrator soon, and then we'll proceed with the real arbitration that would have happened last year if Steve Chase hadn't had so much sand up his vagina.

No, really....tell us what you think. Does this mean that you resign sooner? :beer:

The equivalent of a grievance has already been filed through the DRA process. The

No, really....tell us what you think. Does this mean that you resign sooner? :beer:

I am going to start a fund for trying to sell PCL128 to ALPA. I hope and pray Moak is willing to take this ahloe of our hands.

I can't speak for PCL but I believe he was referring to the recent deal. The first go around was to determine if we had the "jusridiction" to file the case. SWAPA's stance is that we don't and AAI ALPA feels that we do. If it comes back in the affirmative then we go to arbitration. If not the case is dead. Once again I don't think it is to change the SLI. I am pretty sure that can't happen.

Ahh. My mistake!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back