• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC: Whine on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, our last vote gave us 510 captain seats on the 717 with atl and tpa as bases. That was what WE voted for.

It gave you exactly the number of captain seats required to fill the 717 until 2015. If there are no 717's you have no seats. That is what you voted for.

It gave you exactly the number of captain seats required to fill the 717 until 2015. If there are no 717's you have no seats. That is what you voted for.

Exactly, when we voted we were told the 71 would stay until the leases were up. I think the voted would have been a lot different on both sides had we been told the truth.

Exactly, when we voted we were told the 71 would stay until the leases were up. I think the voted would have been a lot different on both sides had we been told the truth.

Eh, I'm not so sure. People were voting purely out of fear, so if they knew the outcome of the 717s, they probably would have been even more afraid and would have voted the same way.

Eh, I'm not so sure. People were voting purely out of fear, so if they knew the outcome of the 717s, they probably would have been even more afraid and would have voted the same way.

So quit whining, you get what you vote for and in this case it is SWA 737 FO.

If there was a promise of aircraft it would have been included in the deal. It wasn't because there were no promises. What was included in the deal was the plan for who would get the captain seats if there were no 717's prior to 2015. Those captain seats go to pre-merger SWA pilots. That is what you voted on. That is what is happening now.

The information that was put forth by SWA to us, both in meetings and in the press, was that the 717 fleet would remain until the leases ended, which began in 2017.

BIG difference between ending them in 2017 and 2014. Hence the DRC's.

I would think that would be easy to understand.

Last edited:

Definitely.

The vote would've been a lot different on the SW side had we known that you guys were only coming over with 1/3 the aircraft.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back