• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC: Whine on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Before you drag out SLI 1, it had a 30 percent seniority loss (average) also.

Thirty percent on a relative scale, not from your DOH at AirTran. How the hell does this keep getting misrepresented. Guess the melodrama over there makes more sense now.

Thirty percent on a relative scale, not from your DOH at AirTran. How the hell does this keep getting misrepresented. Guess the melodrama over there makes more sense now.

Some of us lost 30% off DOH as well. At over 12yrs, I'm slotted in with 8yr guys. Is this what you'd rather see or hear?

Some of us lost 30% off DOH as well. At over 12yrs, I'm slotted in with 8yr guys. Is this what you'd rather see or hear?

Yep. I'm a late 2001 hire, slotted in with mid-2005 SWA hires; a loss of 3.5 years or 30%.

My loss of relative was worse, going from 28% to 64%

Last edited:
And as a '99 legacy hire, according to my new hire orientation, I should be a 76 captain right about now.

I'm a 9th year SWA FO.

A loss of 100% of my previous airline seniority.

Things change.

There's a ton of ex-legacy folks at SWA with a similar career trajectory as mine. Its hard to muster a ton of empathy for your plight of "lost seniority". Try "lost career" on for size.

Last edited:
And as a '99 legacy hire, according to my new hire orientation, I should be a 76 captain right about now.

I'm a 9th year SWA FO.

Things change.

There's a ton of ex-legacy folks at SWA with a similar career trajectory as mine. Its hard to muster a ton of empathy for your plight of "lost seniority". Try "lost career" on for size.

Were you fired or were you furloughed and didn't take the recall? Did the company go out of business and/or file bankruptcy? If any of this is true, I don't see how it applies in comparison to the merger of two profitable major airlines.

It is telling though that you consider ending up at WN after losing a legacy job as a "lost career".

I'm a 9th year SWA FO.

Things change.

Game set match.

Were you fired or were you furloughed and didn't take the recall? Did the company go out of business and/or file bankruptcy? If any of this is true, I don't see how it applies in comparison to the merger of two profitable major airlines.

It is telling though that you consider ending up at WN after losing a legacy job as a "lost career".

Recall came after I'd been at SWA for over a year. I would have endured a second furlough had I gone back.

I'd call it an acquisition.

We can debate all day the idea of AAI being a "major airline".

It's a "lost career" until one lands another job. I was lucky and ended up at SWA. My point being, things change in this industry and careers change accordingly. Time to man up and move on. You're side doesn't have a monopoly on failed expectations.

Last edited:
Recall came after I'd been at SWA for over a year. I would have endured a second furliugh had I gone back.

I'd call it an acquisition.

We can debate all day the idea of AAI being a "major airline".

You'd be a debating society of one.

Major airline is defined by the DOT. AirTran revenue exceeded this threshold by 250%.

As far as operations, one of the two airlines in the merger was operating internationally . . .

Guess which airline was first in LGA, BOS, PHL, DEN?

Hint- it wasn't SWA.

Gary Kelly knew what he was doing when he bought AirTran . . . two and a half years later, you still haven;t figured it out.

Latest resources

Back