• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear, I won't go off on you buddy, but if this description of what happened doesn't fit the definition of negligence, I don't know what would.

How can your side expect us to negotiate further when they clearly have a dysfunctional process, no real idea what they want, no way to get it?

I'm wondering why it took 2 weeks to do all the prep work for the MEC meeting if the MEC chairman knew the major issues with his status reps.

It doesn't add up.

"I'll shake hands and move on regardless, cause I want to be happy when I come to work"

Your MEC would not even let you vote on the AIP, they knew better...AAI ALPA has escalated the situation and divided the groups...nice work...

All I can say is I will not under any circumstance bring a bad attitude over there.

The bad attitude is in the delay ALPA has brought. AND it's subsequent effect on ALL employee groups. I actually think our FAs are more pissed than we are at your MEC. 4 mechanics, 6 ops agents, and 2 provisioners have come in and mentioned to me how they feel about your decision- they don't feel great about you.
Many of you have said similar words- but you're choosing ALPA and all their conflicts of interest over swa. But actions speak louder than words.
You should have realized that you all needed to sell yourselves from day 1
Instead you have negotiated.

Luke 14:10

Last edited:
All I can say is I will not under any circumstance bring a bad attitude over there.

It sucks that you guys were held hostage by such a small group of guys. I personally did not care for SL9 but for you not to have a chance at voting on it was very poor form. Even if the MEC sent it out with a NO recommendation I would respect the decision. Unfortunately, just like when dealing with foreign countries, the leadership guides the relationship. On a side note, I seem to have developed a craving for some ice cream....weird.

AND it's subsequent effect on ALL employee groups. I actually think our FAs are more pisses than we are at your MEC.

That's kinda what I was trying to say a few days ago, but of course nobody believed me. The rest of the SW employees have been watching and making their own opinion to how this has turned out, and it hasn't been favorable.

RF

Latest resources

Back