• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope so, but Mr Kelly's plans have been derailed by ALPA/AAI.
Really? Care to explain that missile of a statement?

GK has X number of planes in the new merged company that need to be flown. He has Y number of pilots to do that. Those planes will still get flown as the route planners put together the new network.

This is a seniority dispute between ALPA and SWAPA.

The planes still get flown either way by the combined pilot group and GK gets his synergies. One does not pay $1.4 Billion just to turn around and execute a scortched earth policy. He just has to wait a bit longer for a ISL. No big deal; it will happen either in Mediation or Arbitration, but it will happen. What's a couple of extra months in the overall grand scheme of things?

With all do respect to everyone making threats, what purpose does it serve at this point? All of us at AT are well aware that it's a possibility and could happen (and may). How does it improve your position, especially since SWAPA says there will be no more negotiation until Arbitration. All I'm left with is that those that are making threats are either concerned with the outcome of arbitration, or you're just a 'school yard bully'.

Which is it?

Really? The airtran guys are making plenty of threats. Please.

Really? The airtran guys are making plenty of threats. Please.

What threats?

Better seniority via arbitration? If that's a that's a threat, it's not a very good one honestly.

Whereas threatening our employment, now that's a threat.

Let's just be honest, okay.

I wouldnt exactly be celebrating yet if I was a SWA pilot. This thing is getting sent back for another look at the SLI. It could be great for the SWA pilots or it could go the other way. I would wait on all the high fives in the break room.

JT12345,

This is said with all due respect JT so please don't take offense.

There will be no more negotiations, end of story. Only arbitration.

I respectfully recommend any thought process that leaves open any further "negotiations" between ALPA/SWAPA/SWA as a possibility only sets expectations for something that is not possible.

Arbitration. I don't fear it and certainly your MEC doesn't either since that is the path they have chosen. Your membership may look back and say this was a great move on the part of the MEC or they may wish for the original proposal at some point down the road. That ship has sailed.

As for the outcome from that arbitration, that will begin a brand new chapter and one that is not clear on the final outcome for your pilots. The SWA pilots will remain as SWA pilots, the same can not be said with 100% certainty for AAI pilots. If your leadership has convinced you and others of something else, then I will simply say that is unfortunate.

Passage of the AIP would've given you that 100% certainty even if viewed as a less than desired. Everyone I've spoken to on the SWA side feel it was far less than desired also FYI.

I wish you and your family all the best. Fly safe,

Respectfully,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hahb3NhwOM

Man,

We know exactly what is possible ahead of us. This was so bad you left us no other choice.

I really think because you work at SWA and have had it so good you have no idea what our disappointment is. It is just your experiences and that's ok.

Actually a mediator gets involved now.... It is called mediated talks. What ever will be will be from it, but that is the next step. IF SWAPA chooses to avoid that step in the process it is up to them. How will that look?

The arbitrator can also accept a negotiated deal up until his ruling even if he already has one ready.

You can assume how things will go, but only ALPA and SWAPA will decide and the membership if a deal comes to a vote.

You know your 10% bump in seniority was destroying our way of life. Money is not everything. Selfish. I think arbitration will give us much better seniority and your lives wont change much. We will live happily ever after.

Last edited:
Gentlemen

I want you all to think of one thing first. This SLI will more than not happen. And when we are all moving metal from FNT to OAK we will be in the same places. Your screen names will be known and faces attached as that is just how life happens. Do we need to be bastards to one another? GK didn't call any of us to make this decision. We fly aircraft nothing more, our pay goes up and it can come down. Lets not get full of ourselves like all the airlines that don't exist or have gone to bankruptcy. It can happen to us all. All of us should get over ourselves and look for a fair integration. and it seems we can't so a neutral will decide. Good for us good or bad it doesn't float from this point on. Please stop my CEO can beat up your CEO or what ever yo have to chunk across the line. We very likely will have to meet in the crewroom or bar, know you words follow you. I for one don't want the little girl behavior on FI to be how the world judges us. Do you?

GK OFFER, please SWAPA ask GK to present this package as it would be better coming from him, than SWAPA !! Do you think GK/and TEAM sat in his office and said " lets see if we take 1678 and then the first guy at AT and then 4 to 1, then 7 to 1, then heck just staple the last 1200 guys? We will scare them to death and make them mad ! I will present but I am not paying for you guys type, no signing bonus of 15k-20k that Delta guys received. YOU GUYS will GAIN 15%, which is never done in mergers. You really think it came from GK?

Yeah lets forward some of these threats on to GK, the AJC, all of the media and see how the local people in the ATL, MCO, BWI, MKE feel about SWA pilots talking like this?

GROW UP !! Funny DL/NW guys never acted like this. You are not superior to anyone. You were born naked and broke and you will die naked and broke !

Would be a great way to come into ATL and layoff over 8000 employees.

I am sure Newnan, Peachtree City, ATL, Marietta, Kennesaw, all will be supportive of a company that lays off their neighbors and the once AT employess lose their house and don't pay property taxes and the local city then layoffs police, firefighters, teachers.... IE . SAINT LOUIS, MO=FEDERAL LAW came because this is what happened in STL.

GK OFFER, please SWAPA ask GK to present this package as it would be better coming from him, than SWAPA !! Do you think GK/and TEAM sat in his office and said " lets see if we take 1678 and then the first guy at AT and then 4 to 1, then 7 to 1, then heck just staple the last 1200 guys? We will scare them to death and make them mad ! I will present but I am not paying for you guys type, no signing bonus of 15k-20k that Delta guys received. YOU GUYS will GAIN 15%, which is never done in mergers. You really think it came from GK?

Yeah lets forward some of these threats on to GK, the AJC, all of the media and see how the local people in the ATL, MCO, BWI, MKE feel about SWA pilots talking like this?

GROW UP !! Funny DL/NW guys never acted like this. You are not superior to anyone. You were born naked and broke and you will die naked and broke !

I am sure Newnan, Peachtree City, ATL, Marietta, Kennesaw, all will be supportive of a company that lays off their neighbors and the once AT employess lose their house and don't pay property taxes and the local city then layoffs police, firefighters, teachers.... IE . SAINT LOUIS, MO=FEDERAL LAW came because this is what happened in STL.

Apparently you missed the part of the MC presentation when they described how bad Gary Kelly's (not SWAPA's) initial offer was. Here's a hint, it involved a staple of epic proportions. You think he is going to go to bat for us?, think again.

Not saying any of this could or couldn't happen, but IF it does, I'm sure that there will be plenty of evidence to show that the cause of it was a bunch of guys and girls who were never willing to admit to the realities of the situation, i.e. all the disparity between the two careers, and who basically turned their collective backs on a $50,000-$70,000 per year pay raise. Who do you think the anger of your neighbors will be focused on if that were to happen? How dare those mean old Southwest people come in and offer a better job and more money at a much more stable company. :rolleyes: Not saying it will, not saying it should, just sayin'.

Respectfully,
PapaWoody

Lets take a look at this. I still think it would be in everybody's interest to get this worked out without an arbitrator deciding our future. Who is an arbitrator anyway? Its a person who has no stake in the outcome. It is a person that listens to both sides present their case and he takes notes on what HE/SHE thinks is important. Reread the last sentence again. It is what HE/SHE thinks is important, not what AT or SWAPA thinks are important. Then when both sides are done, He/She will refer to the notes of what they think are important and use those to come up with an integrated list. Do you see how both sides lose control of the situation. I am not sure about how you feel, but I would sure like to see this settled by us, the pilots that have a true stake in the outcome. I still hope cooler heads prevail and this will work out for all of us.

Latest resources

Back