• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don, let it go, amigo. You're not going to convince anyone and it's not worth the aggravation.

Jack, Frank and the boys have it covered. Go sit on your boat, drink a frosty beverage, and relax, it'll all work out, just gotta have a little faith. :)

I'm sure there all over it.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Jack and Frank are not gonna have too many options I'm afraid though.:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Apples to apples: 5th yr FO. Can't say how many days off, but I did two 17 day military detachments, another week of military orders, and two weeks of vacation. Even on the non-mil months I probably averaged 15 days off (less than average because I bust my hump and pick up on my days off)

Hourly comparisons just don't work. I pick up trips with paid deadheads, reserve blocks where I sit at home, time and a half, etc. As you can see I was paid 1200 trips (120/mo ave. for you math majors) and only flew 623 block hours for the year. And I'm fairly junior in my domicile (bottom 3rd).

2010 TOTALS:

5th year pay, 1200 trips flown / 623 block hours /
145,974.55 Gross (including $6,567 retro)
+about 14,000 company 401k contribution (9.3% company match)
+ profit sharing (sorry, couldn't find statement) (I think about 7%)

2009:

4TH yr pay, 1000 trips flown / 572 block hours
$102,052.44 Gross
+7,960 401K
+ profit sharing

So last year I made 12K/mo which is 152/hr @ 80 hrs/mo or 174/hr @70 hrs/mo. I don't know what's average over there. That's more than a 10 year captain or maybe even a maxed out captain at Airtran. You can make the numbers say what you want, but by those figures, I think you could make a fair argument for a staple of all airtran below me;)

Seriously guys, good luck, but you won't be doing bad here even in the worst case scenario. I wouldn't burn the place down over some crap the ALPA pot stirring machine is pouring down your throat. What have they done for you anyway? Muse got a good offer, decided they would go for it all and got nada, zip, zero. I don't think that's an impossible scenario here even with BM legislation. Not to mention the happy campers at Frontier. I don't think you'll find one who doesn't wish they weren't stapled here.

Come drink the koolaid. It's great!

Last edited:
More math majors flying da plane I see.
;-)

(shh... But 1200tfps is an average of 100 tfp/month
But in a 10 month year you'd be correct;)

Iow: none of us really know how, or even why, we get paid. We just know we do(!)
;-)

Last edited:
Sorry, it was 106.7 trips per month in 2010 (1280 total), and 100 per month in 2009 for 1200 total. My bad.

Last edited:
First off, you have to use your original payscale that was used as a snapshot in Sept.
Disagree.

I doubt an arbitrator is going to use a 10 year old payscale when negotiations on the new one was just about completed when the announcement was made on Sept 27th. That new payscale went into effect Dec. 1st...a mere 34 days after merger announcement.

Disagree.

I doubt an arbitrator is going to use a 10 year old payscale when negotiations on the new one was just about completed when the announcement was made on Sept 27th. That new payscale went into effect Dec. 1st...a mere 34 days after merger announcement.

If you are correct whats the point of a snapshot then?

Glad you are happy sitting reserve in DTW. Did the A-holes at Delta hire you or are you a NWA guy? You must have just gotten off of probation and are all excited. Congrats.

A-holes? Come on, not here! :0 I am enjoying being back at an airline after my corporate gig that had me seeing the World, but on a beeper. I liked the international travel, but it may be awhile until I can hold those same countries again.(lots of South of France type trips) Not to worry though, I am happy where I am at now. And, still very new. Thanks.

OYS

Last edited:
Beautiful- this is what happens when the industry lacks a gold standard integrating pilot groups.
Southwest pilots control this merger- get used to it Trannies. You better play nice in the sandbox because the alternative is unemployment. Southwest has the longevitiy, the routes, the senior pilots and the numbers to drive the train. Trannies- you are along for the ride. Look what happened to Northwest and there isn't a thing they could do about it because they were the minority.
My alternative erases all the BS- DOH is the gold standard. No need for stupid toothless congresional regulations about arbitrations to make the politicians feel good- DOH across the board and problem solved. We would all be better off!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back