• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA is bound by our CBA to not negotiate with any other pilots than those that are on the SWAPA master seniority list. So, it appears to me that Linden needs to bone up on the RLA.

Bingo, we have a winner.

It is not double pay raise like you guys keep suggesting...

About 1500 more a month=which I will gladly take. I would not say a HUGE pay raise. Seniority is more important !!

And YES they have to adhere to the Railway Labor Act. Can not just hire and replace us. Read and know the laws..THat is why the CFO sent the letter to ALPA. They have to adhere to alleghany mohawk and all laws in a merger.

Just like you will love our 737 orders=GROWTH and our training dept.(APDs) and worlds largest airport and Intl ops (how is raft training coming along) and reservation system, and internet, XM radio, not to mention flight bags in cockpit,...Ask all your SWA mgt people that have been in ATL and MCO to look at our operations. They are blown away of how advanced AT really is.

Are the numbers you quote from your old contract or new? I think we can learn a lot from AT. No doubt it will be fun.

Yes Red, but it's much easier to be successful when your management actually TRIES to be fair at the table. That's part of your corporate culture. You're lucky to have those people in charge and making decisions at your airline.

When you have an airline management that's top heavy with Eastern, NWA, and USAir (anti-labor) retreads it's almost impossible without threatening to close the doors. Even then, they still spit in your face. Things are forced to become hostle, unfortunately.

I understand. You should have never had to put up with that. Please leave those guys at the door..

Scarlet, you guys keep talking about the future airplanes Airtran is bringing to the table, you must have missed the part last week when your CEO testified in Wisconsin under oath in front of the Senate panel that Airtran can't afford to pay for the future deliveries, or future growth. So please when you make a statement give us all the information, not just what you think will posture yourself for a better SLI. I too will welcome you all to the SWA family, but in your rightful place!

Six

Six
I'll stick the facts. You can go off on a rant if it makes you feel better. Ranting will not change whatever is to happen.

Soon we will all be working for the same airline. I will live and stand by any comments that I make regarding AAI/SWA. I hope you can do the same.

Southwest just started using VNAV and Autothrottles. Management doesn't let you fly international flights yet.
Interesting choice of words. I would say we don't fly international because it has not been in the best interest of our company to do so. You know, that whole concept of making money? How many successful quarters of profit has Airtran/Valuejet had since inception? I could also say that a LCC that specifically AVOIDS flying where SWA is does so for a good reason. Because they are unable to compete with us head to head. Why is that? Successful business model on our part. Obviously International was not in the cards. It is now. And we will be going there soon.

Regarding VNAV and ATS I believe I pointed out that SWA was not on board with that. I would not call either of those items "cutting edge technology" I have been at SWA for over 15 years and two of the prior airlines I worked at were both full up automated. So, I had to dumb myself down to fly it the old way, like a 200, when I got here. There was an intelligent reason for that. The FAA bought off on the concept that the 700 was like the 300/500 was like the 200. Therefore, we all avoided 90 day currency problems (huge cost savings) when we would jump from ship to ship. Amazing to me that the POI signed off on it. Eventually they made us break out the 200 and that was the beginning of the slow creep into the automation era.

I would say Airtran is a lot more advanced than your operation.
Advanced in what way? I'm sure there are more advanced airlines than Airtran out there.The barometer for us all is making money and having a successful career, company wise and Pilot wise. If Airtran had it all over SWA then I'm sure you would be buying us. That is not happening. We are buying you.

But, the Airtran guys will be blown away when they see their first joint operation check thanks to your contract.

This is not in dispute. You will be blown away with your pay, schedule and QOL. Especially if your pay rates are based on TIS at Airtran/Valuejet.

Six
I'll stick the facts. You can go off on a rant if it makes you feel better. Ranting will not change whatever is to happen.

Soon we will all be working for the same airline.

Is SWA buying Delta, too?

SWA pay, and DAL routes and aircraft? Sign me up! Woo-hoo! :beer:

Ty

Is SWA buying Delta, too?

SWA pay, and DAL routes and aircraft? Sign me up! Woo-hoo!

I don't know? Do you know something I don't?

Quimby

Did not know that. I wrongfully assumed that anyone that was espousing their opinion about our and their seniority list would have some skin in the game. Which puzzles me even further. Also, no one sent me the list showing who works for which airline.

So, I guess what you're telling me is that there are pilots from other airlines posting on threads that have nothing to do with them intentionally trying to fan the flames of discontent? Nice! This place is even more mature than I originally thought.

Just sorta picked it up in his profile where it said "Big D" 320 new hire.

And yes, he/she seems to have a fascination with the SWA/AAI deal.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back