• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In my short 25 years in this industry I have not seen one merger where two pilot groups saw themselves as similar.

It is human nature, and certainly justified by the seniority system itself, to advocate in earnest for your side.

I wish I had an answer relative to SLI(s), but I think the words 'fair and equitable' have little effective and useful guidance attached to them.

Aircraft deliveries can be changed with a call from the CEO to the supplier, just as payrates and working conditions can be changed via a force majeur claim substantiated to the court.

In the end, if the SWA-AAI deal goes to an arbitrator, it will be educational to read the justification supporting the decision.

Until then ... the best thing we can do is move our pax safely, comfortably and on time.

Beautiful- this is what happens when the industry lacks a gold standard integrating pilot groups.
Southwest pilots control this merger- get used to it Trannies. You better play nice in the sandbox because the alternative is unemployment. Southwest has the longevitiy, the routes, the senior pilots and the numbers to drive the train. Trannies- you are along for the ride. Look what happened to Northwest and there isn't a thing they could do about it because they were the minority.
My alternative erases all the BS- DOH is the gold standard. No need for stupid toothless congresional regulations about arbitrations to make the politicians feel good- DOH across the board and problem solved. We would all be better off!

The industry, "gold standard" is to accept the arbitrator's decision.

Beautiful- this is what happens when the industry lacks a gold standard integrating pilot groups.
Southwest pilots control this merger- get used to it Trannies. You better play nice in the sandbox because the alternative is unemployment. Southwest has the longevitiy, the routes, the senior pilots and the numbers to drive the train. Trannies- you are along for the ride. Look what happened to Northwest and there isn't a thing they could do about it because they were the minority.
My alternative erases all the BS- DOH is the gold standard. No need for stupid toothless congresional regulations about arbitrations to make the politicians feel good- DOH across the board and problem solved. We would all be better off!

And you consider yourself better off? Compared to who?
You work for 1/2 of a dysfunctional airline, making less than what a Republic pilots makes. Your group has zero respect in the industry, and you are the laughing stock of aviation.
Now run along and tell the mods that I wrote this, run along now.:bawling::bawling::bawling:

And make sure and pack MCDU a nice lunch for school, and you dress warmly, I hear it's going to be cold out east today. You'll need a heavy jacket for the 9 walk arounds you'll do.:laugh:

DOH only works if you have two similar carriers merging. Not what I would call a gold standard.

Exactly. What if SWA, (or Airtran for that matter) bought Chautauqua for example. Should we just fold everyone in by date of hire? Guys with 1000 hours of RJ time and a couple of thousand total time going ahead of SWA guys who worked their way up to get to their dream job? There is no simple gold standard. Not a fair and equatable one anyway. An arbitrator will ultimately figure this out for us in all likelihood. I'm fine with that. If I was at Airtran, maybe not so much. With talk of sick outs, work actions, Airtran guys admitting to how "militant" a group they are, etc., I wouldn't want to touch this with a 10 foot pole if I was Gary. I'd find an excuse to back out, oil prices, blame the pilots, whatever. There are other deals out there, or just good old fashioned organic growth and competition. It's a harder way to grow in the short run, but beats dying of cancer in the long run. No offense to the silent majority of good dudes over at Airtran (I can only hope), but if the guys on this forum are any representation of what is coming our way, we don't want or need this any more than a hole in our collective heads. Run away SWA, run like the wind!

Excellent post PSL,my exact philosophy.Don't worry Elcid,noone at AAI wants to burn the SWA house down.Don't let these forums formulate your opinion of the entire group.

The industry, "gold standard" is to accept the arbitrator's decision.

That's funny! You been paying attention to USAir/AWA? Someone should tell USAPA!

Excellent post PSL,my exact philosophy.Don't worry Elcid,noone at AAI wants to burn the SWA house down.Don't let these forums formulate your opinion of the entire group.

Glad to hear it GearUp. Where are the rest of your like minded brothers? I look forward to drinking beers with you guys on the overnights if this thing ever works out. Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back