• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 5%ers are busy over at pprune- here you have the elite worst of the web 1%ers(!)

I still don't get your math- but carry on ...
(if you care - we have to average 6.5 tfp/ day- and a "trip for pay" or "trip" is just a formula-like your credit hour- has nothing to with how many legs you fly
And only loosely connected to how much block you fly

Was that so hard Waveflyer, thank you for explaining it to me, I had no idea how your system worked, now I can see that the way I was calculating "TRIPS PER MONTH" was not the correct one but still I don't understand where the stupid thing came from! Man I hope the AT guys and gals realize what they are getting into. Have a nice day!
uba757

It all started back with with the original flight which were about 245 miles...the distance from dallas to houston...fast forward.....each tfp is for the flights of 245 miles or less. So longer distance flights pay good relative to the block hour it might be scheduled for. Something like that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Uba, it's just that you are the latest in a long line of outsiders who THINK they know all there is to know about SWA, and have marginalized us in their own mind based on misinformation. When they learn just how much they didn't know, it can be entertaining, but also a little tiring 'cause new ones just keep coming....

Stop, What I was trying to say on my 1st post was that if you guys were flying 20 days out of the month and doing almost 6 legs a day, then you guys were flying your "A$$ES OFF", was not trying to disrespect anyone or anything else, was just making an observation of the limited information that I had seen posted by a SWA guy on here. I still don't understand why that made me stupid or anything else. Thanks for the response and take care. Have a nice day!

uba757

Glad you are happy sitting reserve in DTW. Did the A-holes at Delta hire you or are you a NWA guy? You must have just gotten off of probation and are all excited. Congrats.

I guess the A-holes at sw let you in right after you forked over lots of money. Especially since getting hired anywhere else meant you would have had to make it on your stellar personality.

Stop, What I was trying to say on my 1st post was that if you guys were flying 20 days out of the month and doing almost 6 legs a day, then you guys were flying your "A$$ES OFF", was not trying to disrespect anyone or anything else, was just making an observation of the limited information that I had seen posted by a SWA guy on here. I still don't understand why that made me stupid or anything else. Thanks for the response and take care. Have a nice day!

uba757

I haven't worked anywhere near 20 days since the commuter days. I average around 105/110 tfp per month in 13/14 days. Unless you're DHing everywhere, or not used on reserve, 20 days would put WAY over 100 block hours in a month.

The guys willing to clear their boards and do VJA etc. can easily exceed 120 tfp in the same amount of days I typically work.

-Last calendar year (6-7 yr FO) I flew 205 days.
-That's an average of 17 days OFF a month.

Lonestar, I hate to be the math police, but I just have to do it... I can't help myself. :)

365 - 205 = 160 days off.

160/12 = 13.3 days off a month, or an average of 17 days ON per month.

Just a little better than 10 days off a month...

-Last calendar year (6-7 yr FO) I flew 205 days.
-That's an average of 17 days OFF a month.
-I also averaged just UNDER 4 legs per day.
-Top it off with an average of 109 TFP per month.

$13 grand a month averaging 17 days off...

*I had the ENTIRE month of August off with two weeks of vacation so that did skew the average days off a bit.*

Help me out with your math here. If you flew 205 days, wouldn't that mean you had 160 days off? That would work out to more like 13 days off a month. I don't have a dog in this fight but I don't think it's fair to compare what a SWA pilot makes (working a lot) compared to an AT guy flying the minimum.

Help me out with your math here. If you flew 205 days, wouldn't that mean you had 160 days off? That would work out to more like 13 days off a month. I don't have a dog in this fight but I don't think it's fair to compare what a SWA pilot makes (working a lot) compared to an AT guy flying the minimum.

Nowhere in my post did I say that I was smart or could type or even put my thoughts on a computer screen... Jeez!

Yeah, that math don't figger does it? What I MEANT to say was...I had 205 days off last year. Sorry for the head scratching.

Latest resources

Back