• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC Chair message.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your MEC voted against the first NEGOTIATED agreement. You can thank them.

Let's move on Gentleman.

Last edited:
Your MEC voted against the first NEGOTIATED agreement. You can thank them.

Let's move on Gentleman.

Red,
While I agree that our MEC screwed us....I don't have sympathy for those who gained seniority. And as you guys like to point out 80% + of you guys voted for it as well. The difference is we lose and $. Not by not getting your pay but by decreasing our credit by %10 to %20.

I completely agree with you regarding the decreased credit. I'm sorry your having to endure that. Make no sense to me. Let me put it this way...

As a shareholder (with well over a thousand shares), I'd like to see you guys flying max hours over the summer and really making some money for OUR company (and for you personally) so we get higher profit sharing and a higher stock price.

If I were making the decisions, you guys would be flying your @ss off.

RF

That sounds like a great idea but you are going to have to give me back the 100 seniority numbera I lost between SL 9 and 10.

Jim

My pay has no relation to your seniority.

My pay has no relation to your seniority.

Respectfully, I must disagree! Below are sections from Side Letter 10 of the SWAPA CBA, the Seniority Integration Agreement.

A. AirTran Pilots will be transitioned to Southwest and will be subject to and covered by the
Southwest/SWAPA CBA upon entering training for service as Southwest Pilots. At that time,
they will also be eligible for and covered by current benefit and insurance plans and any other
programs available to current Southwest Airlines Pilots, subject to standard eligibility
requirements.

6. Reference to Section 4.C. EQUIPMENT LONGEVITY PAY:
Effective January 1, 2015, the B717 rates will snap up to B737 rates applicable in the
CBA at that time. Until such time, current AirTran pilots' B717 pay rates will remain at
the AirTran rate, adjusted as needed for TFP /block hour conversion and any applicable
increase per the AirTran CBA.

Only one problem with your quote of your CBA there, MILF: I don't work under your CBA or your Side Letter 10. Those documents only cover AirTran pilots after they've transitioned to Southwest.

Then we need ALL our Captain retention slots back... without displacement language if the total number of CA seats is going to be reduced.

See how that works? I can do it too! :rolleyes:

"you can do it too"??
That's what you seem to be trying to do- get back the money you lost by not letting AT pilots vote- but none of the rest of the agreement-

Sorry, but if you want to press for an actual choice to go with your planes to delta- I'm all for that-
But grievance money en lieu??? Especially the ridiculous sums you were talking Lear, ($800k/pilot...? Really? )and I'd be against that (as if that matters much), but more importantly predict that GK would be against that and put significant resources against a pay out based on that logic. I simply predict you'd lose-

Badly.

But I'm sure you'll ignore me and press on just as you did with the SLI's.
Just may want to ask yourself how that turned out for your pilot group.

This company, as big as its getting, still runs on "win-win"

I don't think Lear was suggesting that we would expect $800k/pilot for a settlement. He was only pointing out what the potential damage could be in a worst case scenario (for the company) if an arbitrator were to award the grievance to the Association. That possible damage is the motivation for the company to bargain in good faith towards a settlement that would be much less costly.

Latest resources

Back