• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC at SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I researched "Opus" in Wikipedia. It said that Opus was a comic book penguin. However, I think they may have been referring to our MEC Vice Chair, not L.H ..... Wiki does make mistakes of course. :D

I "Opus the Penguin (Opus T. Penguin) is a character in the comic strips and children's books."

I agree with the rest of the stuff you said.

Opus is also a very expensive wine. I probably could have bought a bottle with the bone-us check... One bottle.:D

I meant it in the context of a "magnum opus".

A quote from LH's speech to the SWAPA BPD from the Fastread:

"and the benefits are not obvious and understood to all from day one."

This is very concerning to me as the benefits should be VERY obvious to all!
The raises, schedules, benefits, QOL, more secure future, etc, are all quite obvious to me and I definetely understand this.

I don't want the egos of the MEC screwing this up for everyone.

Many people watching from the cheap seats agree that the senior AirTran bubbas will likely destroy the deal altogether by getting greedy. It's really a shame that a small minority of Trannie CAs will screw this up for both pilot groups.

Gotta appreciate how they stress to the junior pilots to not talk about it either. Hmm, wonder why?

So you expect all of us to be at least Jr. Captains after SLI? Cool!!!!!!

I'm a junior FO and I'll make $140k with the best/least fatiguing schedule I've ever had and enjoy coming to work and love who runs the company-

Now--- what Gup said

Many people watching from the cheap seats agree that the senior AirTran bubbas will likely destroy the deal altogether by getting greedy. It's really a shame that a small minority of Trannie CAs will screw this up for both pilot groups.

Gotta appreciate how they stress to the junior pilots to not talk about it either. Hmm, wonder why?

Guess who's back. Back again. Bobby's back. Tell a friend. Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back ..........

(apologies to Eminem)

I realize I only posted one line from LH's speech, but I had no intention of taking his words 'out of context'. Most of his speech stressed the desire of AT pilots to work toward the goal of one airline and one pilot group, which is great. Nearly every AT pilot knows this is an amazing opportunity and wants to see this happen quickly.
I don't want to see this pilot group characterized as greedy or militant. Having LH state that the benefits may not be obvious is complete crap! Additionally, his comments regarding SWAPA's 2012 contract negotiations seems just as inappropriate. GK and SWA have taken a chance on the AT pilots, knowing all the bad vibes and aggression stem from a very oppressive management bent on beating down labor. Tallking about upcoming contract talks at a company SWA has yet to even acquire, while looking at raises and QOL beyond any reasonable expectations, doesn't do much to show how reasonable and thankful this group is.

I think the LEC meeting will be very interesting!

Is there any way to cut and paste LH's comments on here or is that forbidden? From the little I know about LH, I'd like to read it. SWAPA has said nothing about the meeting other than it was cordial and professional. I really think they are going to work this out. I have faith in both sides to be reasonable and get this done.

By the same token, Others argue that the junior SW bubbas will attempt to destroy this by getting greedy and that a small minority of SW Co's and Capts will screw this up for both pilot groups.

By the same token, Others argue that the junior SW bubbas will attempt to destroy this by getting greedy and that a small minority of SW Co's and Capts will screw this up for both pilot groups.

The truth is Airtran brings nothing to the table that will benefit SWA. Nothing. That is why 100% of the employees from Airtran are excited by being bought by SWA. They want the deal to go through today if not sooner. You know it and everybody else knows it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back