• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC at SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you expect all of us to be at least Jr. Captains after SLI? Cool!!!!!!

Hey bro. That's not up to me. I'm simply trying to point out that while some of you guys are going to bitch about the very last detail you will be doing one or both of the following -

• NOT making EXCELLENT cash
  • screwing the whole deal up causing it to blow up
Gup

Not to worry. The AT LEC cannot "screw" this up. It will be strictly decided by the arbitrator. Seniority will definately be an issue. I would'nt worry about the benefits, they will fall into place naturally enough. It's in no one's interest to have differing pay scales or benefit packages. Especially SW management.

How will SWA pilots react if an arbitrator goes straight relative 3:1 through entire list with no fences. 1973=1993 Years at SWA do not matter and it is all relative.
Will SWA pilots and their Union honor such an award and except it? Or if there is a way out of such an award would SWA pilots fight it if you had a way to not implement such a list. Just thinking out loud.
I think AT deserve their DOH and nothing more.

M

How will SWA pilots react if an arbitrator goes straight relative 3:1 through entire list with no fences. 1973=1993 Years at SWA do not matter and it is all relative.
Will SWA pilots and their Union honor such an award and except it? Or if there is a way out of such an award would SWA pilots fight it if you had a way to not implement such a list. Just thinking out loud.
I think AT deserve their DOH and nothing more.

M

I think, we all know what 'you think'. We've also seen how it worked out for you. I also think that misery loves company.

Watch us do it the right way.

A quote from LH's speech to the SWAPA BPD from the Fastread:

"and the benefits are not obvious and understood to all from day one."

This is very concerning to me as the benefits should be VERY obvious to all!
The raises, schedules, benefits, QOL, more secure future, etc, are all quite obvious to me and I definetely understand this.

I don't want the egos of the MEC screwing this up for everyone.

Both Unions have asked the pilot groups to refrain from advertising their SLI expectations. You sure as hell don't speak for me. Put a sock in it. Better yet, go to the LEC meeting, listen to the MC explain to you why they are asking you to NOT do what you just did, and you can tell LH your opinion on his Opus.

Last edited:
Both Unions have asked the pilot groups to refrain from advertising their SLI expectations. You sure as hell don't speak for me. Put a sock in it. Better yet, go to the LEC meeting, listen to the MC explain to you why they are asking you to NOT do what you just did, and you can tell LH your opinion on his Opus.

I researched "Opus" in Wikipedia. It said that Opus was a comic book penguin. However, I think they may have been referring to our MEC Vice Chair, not L.H ..... Wiki does make mistakes of course. :D

"Opus the Penguin (Opus T. Penguin) is a character in the comic strips and children's books."

I agree with the rest of the stuff you said.

what does LEC mean?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back