• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And an ever better incentive to make those share prices go up, by announcing more expansion and revenue growth, which Wall Street loves.
That is true. Airtran has gone from 5.5 Billion ASMs in 1999 to almost 24 Billion ASMs in 2009 (over 400% increase). Airtran is forecasting 3-4% growth in 2010 and 2-3% growth in 2011. S&P says Airtran shares are trading at a discount to their peers right now.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Earnings-Preview-AirTran-apf-2860137807.html?x=0&.v=2

The slide shows on page 9 of this report shows the fleet numbers and ASM growth through 2011 (2005-2007 sure were nice years growth wise):

http://investor.airtran.com/phoenix...maXBhZ2U9NjY0NzMyMiZhdHRhY2g9T04mc1hCUkw9MQ==

138 aircraft on property at end of 2010 and 145 aircraft on property at end of 2011. Those numbers indicate no 717s are leaving.

The 3-4% growth in 2010 indicates some increase in aircraft utilization and the 2 aircraft delivered at end of 2009 (those two aircraft didn't contribute to 2009 ASMs until Nov and Dec and will contribue to all of 2010). Not sure if the Skywest flying included in that growth number (but Skywest will be about 1% of Airtran's 2010 flying at currently announced routes).

You have to remember that most of the deliveries in 2011 are in the second half of the year so you don't get a full contribution to 2011 ASM levels.

Im a regional captain looking to bail. Saw the new FO positions. What do you guys think of Airtran? Just looking for opinions......

Im a five year FO at Airtran. Happy with the 737 flying. I do not have many days with more then three legs. We are not happy with pay or manegment. Pay will improve this spring. Will never make SW pay. Maybe not JB pay. Expect some where around $90-$100/hour as 5 year FO. Not a bad place to work. Not a great place. I do like the equipment. Move on from the regional. Once you do you will look back and say "what was I thinking staying so long". I imagine your dream was to fly bigger equipment and long career. AT and JB seem to fit the bill. Everyone wants to fly for SW so take what ever job you can and always keep working at your ultimate goal.

You'll make SWA wages if they buy your company.

Would probies that don't honor the picket line be treated as scabs? It's quite a risk, if you have a family to support. It's not just your salary you're putting on the line.

Even with the current labor dispute, I would love to get hired at Airtran. And as far as I am concerned there is no decision to make if the group goes on strike while in class; Im walking. During the United strike in 1985 the new hires that walked all got their jobs back.

Would probies that don't honor the picket line be treated as scabs? It's quite a risk, if you have a family to support. It's not just your salary you're putting on the line.

This was posted on another thread...

"My understanding is yes, probationary pilots who honor the picket line could immediately be fired.

Additionally, probationary pilots do NOT have access to the grievance process for terminations. In other words, if you get fired on probation, there's nothing the union can do to get your job back except ask really, really nicely.

In this case, the MEC has two options:

1. Ask the probationary pilots to go ahead and fly trips assigned by the company. The company will have it's 10 percenters (senior captains who will vote against a strike and who will cross the picket line) so that's about 160 captains, give or take. Let's say the company hires 100 pilots before we can get a strike vote, get a cooling off period, and get released. There would certainly be enough Captains to pair with those probationary F/O's but they could only fly a fraction of the company's schedule and not for very long as people started timing out 30/7 and 1/7.

2. Ask the probationary pilots to honor the picket line. You get fired. The union then requires in the T.A. that all probationary pilots who refused to cross the picket line be given their jobs back.

Risks abound to both sides. I don't know which of those two our MEC would pursue, probably based on what Herndon's thoughts these days are...

Hopefully you don't have to find out, and the company comes to a reasonable agreement before a strike happens, but if they don't... they certainly can't say they weren't forewarned."

Latest resources

Back