• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unused Reserve Period. If you are makeing to much soft time the company can take any amount of RES days away with 48hrs notice. You get the days off but you loose 3.5hrs of pay of day. During slow times they use this to keep you around 75hrs of pay and make there books look good. After the Easter weekend CX's I dont see this happening in the near future.

2500 total?

Question concerning the mins for any Airtran folks:

I see that the 2500 total hour requirement says fixed wing time. It says in parenthesis () turbine/turbojet. If I had 3000 total with 2000 (military) of multiengine turbine and 1000 turbine PIC (mil equivalent), but am short of the 2500 total fixed wing turbine, would I be out of the game?

I am wondering why they even put turbine/turbojet in parentheses. I initially read it as just 2500 total fixed wing time.

Just curious.

Unused Reserve Period. If you are makeing to much soft time the company can take any amount of RES days away with 48hrs notice. You get the days off but you loose 3.5hrs of pay of day. During slow times they use this to keep you around 75hrs of pay and make there books look good. After the Easter weekend CX's I dont see this happening in the near future.

Thanks for the explanation

LOL - Max was being facetious, which doesn't come across well online without a winky face or something else to denote sarcasm.

I've known Max for over a decade, and I'm pretty certain you can count on him to be solidly in the pilot's corner for the upcoming "festivities".

When do the strike votes get counted?

Not soon enough...
I was hoping they were going to keep us updated on the percentage of pilots who have participated in the voting, but they're going to sit on that for a while. They say they're pleased with what they see so far though.
I believe the magic numbers will be on full display around the 17th of May, the day before the shareholders meeting in MKE.
For what it's worth, I haven't flown with, talked to or heard of a single pilot who will be voting no. Although, I'm sure we have a couple here and there that will.

Curious though, about how long after high percentage strike vote turnouts have TA's been reached at various airlines? For example, Hawaiian had a pretty high number, somewhere around 97% I believe, and reached a TA within about 3-4 weeks, correct?
Anybody else out there that have been through this sort of thing before care to share some data? What was the strike vote and how long after till the TA? I'd be interested in seeing if there's a correlation between high/low numbers and time taken thereafter to reach a TA. I would think the main thing with a low "yes" vote would be loss of leverage at the bargaining table.

I think ASA had a high percentage and it took over a year to get a TA. The only thing that matters is getting released... or if someone is looking to buy Airtran.

Latest resources

Back