• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran in CASS charging 25.00

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
we need to stop the 25$ charge any way we can even if that is to go to only 1 jumpseater and the rest can get the next flight.
Speak for yourself.

I'm sure there's quite a few lurkers on here who, while hating the $25 fee, would rather pay it and catch the last flight home than go sit in the Welsley or other such Fleabag hotel away from home in ATL for $40 plus tax.

We'll get it fixed eventually. Until then, a $25 pass beats a hotel night away from home every day of the week.

Been there, done that, with 3 different airlines as a commuter since 1998.

Speak for yourself.

I'm sure there's quite a few lurkers on here who, while hating the $25 fee, would rather pay it and catch the last flight home than go sit in the Welsley or other such Fleabag hotel away from home in ATL for $40 plus tax.

We'll get it fixed eventually. Until then, a $25 pass beats a hotel night away from home every day of the week.

Been there, done that, with 3 different airlines as a commuter since 1998.

Word up Lear Duuude! Dat force izz strong wit dat one! Yoo da man wit da plany fer da Tranny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWWWWW YYYEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have and will continue to do so...

Not likely. Most of us are very friendly to jumpseaters, but have little patience for clods that are stupid enough to complain to an amployee about a management directive.

You must not be very bright . . . . kind of like the passenger that wants to tell you about the time that some ther airline with a similar-sounding name lost their bag, or denied them boarding after departure time, when they could still see the airplane through the window . . . .

If you start that crap with me, you'll find yourself collecting a refund from the agent and waving bye-bye from the terminal.

Thank you, have a nice day . . . .somewhere else!

Not likely. Most of us are very friendly to jumpseaters, but have little patience for clods that are stupid enough to complain to an amployee about a management directive.

You must not be very bright . . . . kind of like the passenger that wants to tell you about the time that some ther airline with a similar-sounding name lost their bag, or denied them boarding after departure time, when they could still see the airplane through the window . . . .

If you start that crap with me, you'll find yourself collecting a refund from the agent and waving bye-bye from the terminal.

I apologize if there was some confusion. It is you that would be waving "bye-bye". Here are a few examples of those denied MY jumpseat with the included conversation from earlier:
1. FedEx pilots when they were not accepting jumpseaters
2. (Until recently) a Delta pilot second in line for the jumpseat
3. An Airtran pilot second in line (unless they pay me $25)

Most of the time I am friendly to the jumpseater (even a yes-man like yourself); however I have no tolerance for a lack of reciprocity.

This is exactly what has been going on. -9capt is the first Tranny guy I've heard actually admit they're charging for the jumpseat. (thanks for telling it strait). Most the others on the board try to claim it's a pass, but still insist you have to present your jumpseating creds. and check in with the captain. You can't have it both ways.

"Putting paint on dogsht" is what I call it. It might look a lil better a different color but it still smells and tastes the same. Call a spade a spade. Semantics. Wasted arguments.

Common courtesy,paid ticket or free ride, dictates you introduce yourself to at least the lead(she can inform the capt. an additional airline crewmember, who could be useful in an emergency, is on board.) and after you intro yourself to the lead, you can ask him/her to see the Capt. and intro yourself to him/her. Just common courtesy.

What we really should do is get all of our Jumpseat Committees together across the nation and try and iron out this problem of different policies. As someone earlier said, the Jumpseat Policies should be moving forward in our favor and not backwards against us. I could not agree more with that just as I believe our Pay and Work Rules should be moving forward.

We really should do something that helps the entire industry. Everyone on this board should call their respective reps. and initiate a unilateral agreement for all carriers to follow.

If one carrier refuses to go with the majority rule on this new policy then they will not be allowed to have reciprocity on any of the combined airlines belonging to this new group. What do you guys think about that solution?

Remember, its an intangible for the airline and very tangible for us. If the seats empty we should have it. ( Now watch, some "brada from anata mata" is going to tell me about increased fuel cost for the extra jumpseaters). :)

Go ahead, numbnutts . . . . after all jumpseats are filled, offer me a walk-up pass for $25. Then put me up in business and get me home. There were plenty of times in the last 5 years I got left behind as a Delta plane taxied off with empty seats and a $25. pass beats a $48. room at the Wellesley every time.

My desire to change the policy has declined greatly over the past few years after reading all the ungrateful S.O.B.'s whining and crying about it. I'm not willing to give up anything in our contract negptiations in exchange for a benefit for people who so clearly won't appreciate it.

Ty-

While I haven't read this entire thread as I suffer from ADD, maybe next time an Airtran pilot wants a jumpseat on my plane I should charge him/her $25.

DL, UA, AS and others have unlimited jumpseats now! Has any Airtran pilot ever jumpseated in a cabin seat when he/she was second in line for the jumpseat? I understood this policy when Airtran pilots were getting left behind with empty seats in the cabin, but now, with these carriers and others not charging for multiple jumpseaters, do you really think it is fair to charge the $25? And, if it beats a $48 room, maybe YOU should suggest to your management to up the jumpseat charge to $47.50...beats the $48 room every time!!!

Maybe flying with all those Eastern scabs has finally rubbed off on you.

GP

I'd complain to YOU, because YOU support this management directive.

How 'bout every airline start charging Airtran pilots when they are second in line for the jumpseat?

You've said that you don't want to have this changed if it has to be negotiated (I'm paraphrasing). If other airlines DID charge for a second jumpseater (only IF it were an Airtran pilot), would you THEN support a change if this helped out your fellow Airtran brethren?

GP

I apologize if there was some confusion. It is you that would be waving "bye-bye". Here are a few examples of those denied MY jumpseat with the included conversation from earlier:
1. FedEx pilots when they were not accepting jumpseaters
2. (Until recently) a Delta pilot second in line for the jumpseat
3. An Airtran pilot second in line (unless they pay me $25)

Most of the time I am friendly to the jumpseater (even a yes-man like yourself); however I have no tolerance for a lack of reciprocity.

Who do you work for?

So what you're saying is that you're personally declared jumpseat war against 1, 2, and 3. Out of those 3, only AirTran is on your hit list. Nice.

So in order for a Second AirTran pilot to ride on your airplane, you personally charge $25 (or deny them a seat). What do you do with the money?

Latest resources

Back