• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran in CASS charging 25.00

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here are a few examples of those denied MY jumpseat with the included conversation from earlier:

3. An Airtran pilot second in line (unless they pay me $25)

Oh, so now it's YOU PERSONALLY who wants the $25 bucks.

Here's a hint, genius: that's not reciprocity, that's PERSONAL GAIN.

We don't get the $25 bucks, the company does.

Try again, your above argument has no logic, therefore lacks any real merit.

I also find it humorous you hide behind the cover of anonymity with your "jumpseat war". Guys like you crack me up; if you're such a "man", why don't you just come out and tell us who you are, who you work for, and what trips you're working so we can make sure we avoid yours, since you're going to so obviously deny any AirTran pilots the courtesy of a jumpseat?

this entire thread is pathetic...Don't you all have something better to be doing????

RV

Evidently, we don't. And when this thread comes up again in a few months we'll all be typing again (unless during that time, we can get the company to dispense with the $25 deal).

I apologize if there was some confusion. It is you that would be waving "bye-bye". Here are a few examples of those denied MY jumpseat with the included conversation from earlier:
1. FedEx pilots when they were not accepting jumpseaters
2. (Until recently) a Delta pilot second in line for the jumpseat
3. An Airtran pilot second in line (unless they pay me $25)

Most of the time I am friendly to the jumpseater (even a yes-man like yourself); however I have no tolerance for a lack of reciprocity.

Pinnacle?

Just curious, does he speak for all of you? I hope not.

Is he related to the NW pilot who denied Jet Blue because the low cost carriers are destroying the industry?

I'm ex-PCL and I can guarantee you this guy doesn't speak for the majority of PCL CA's.

The jumpseat committee chair and vice-chair at PCL are personal buddies of mine; would love to refer this little gem of an individual to them, pro standards, or even give Santi a call. Refusing the J/S to someone on the list on the basis of anything other than safety is an FOM violation.

I'd complain to YOU, because YOU support this management directive.

I didn't say that I support it . . . I don't. No AirTran pilot does. It is a pending grievance, and we do what we can to minimize its impact.

However, an idiot such as yourself (or your bed-buddy Sanchez) who can't see the difference between management's policy and the pilots on the front lines . . . well, you guys deserve what you get. We probably should charge you more. Consider it an "Idiot Tax".

As for me, I've wasted enough time on this thread.

Last edited:
My desire to change the policy has declined greatly over the past few years after reading all the ungrateful S.O.B.'s whining and crying about it. I'm not willing to give up anything in our contract negptiations in exchange for a benefit for people who so clearly won't appreciate it.

If you're not willing to do anything about it, then I'd say that you DO support it.

GP

Who do you work for?

So what you're saying is that you're personally declared jumpseat war against 1, 2, and 3. Out of those 3, only AirTran is on your hit list. Nice.

So in order for a Second AirTran pilot to ride on your airplane, you personally charge $25 (or deny them a seat). What do you do with the money?

No jumpseat war, just my personal choice. After being denied ( or unable) rides on any of the above mentioned, I have every right to deny my jumpseat. You could include Freedom pilots as well if you like. I would never take someone's money for a jumpseat. I would ask the Airtran jumpseater to go pay the gate agent $25. Oh, I'm sorry, we don't have that system- guess you can't ride if you are number two.

If you really want to know who I am and who I work for, show up # 2 for my jumseat if you work for Airtran. Otherwise it doesn't matter...

Last edited:
If you really want to know who I am and who I work for, show up # 2 for my jumseat if you work for Airtran. Otherwise it doesn't matter...
Didn't think you'd fess up. Probably a smart move. I'll let the AirTran guys know to be on the lookout for you and get your name if it ever happens.

If you're a PCL guy, I'll personally call SL directly and I'll enjoy ensuring you get some time off to reflect violating the FOM.

Jumpseat use is very clear in the PCL FOM; start a war at your own risk... better have a d*mn good reason related to safety if you deny it to a properly dressed and certificated airman on the approved carrier list.

Guys like you give all the other pilots a bad name.

If you're not willing to do anything about it, then I'd say that you DO support it.

GP

Nope . . I just am a lot less inclined to do anything about it after reading the whining and crying on this board by bedwetting ingrates like yourself and Sanchez.

Trying to help you inbred two ass-clowns would be like giving a family on "Springer" a brand-new trailer . . . . a waste of time and money.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back