• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran in CASS charging 25.00

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HMM,,,THIS POLICY HAS TO CHANGE. I think it is starting to affect our relationships here on flight info...Could this possibly be a safety hazard if it flowed over to the cockpit prior to the beginning of a flight? Rhetorical Question for Lear Love!!!

......This entire matter seems to have everyone hot under the collar. It should change immeaditely in the interest of safety. "Bedwettin ingrates", now that was funny, and "Inbred two-ass clowns", that was funnily spoken with flame written all over it. Be careful there champ, that could be considered abusive in some circles...( Not mine ) and contribute to the Safety Issues that were mentioned above.

Now why cant we all just get along

My, my... aren't we full of ourself. I'll keep this in mind if I ever get 2 Airtranny jumpseaters traveling together. Thanks for the heads up and way to start jumpseat wars. Silly me thought we were all colleagues extending a professional courtesy.

BBB

Just out of curiousity, have you EVER had an Airtran pilot ask you for a jumpseat? I mean, who wants a ride to Louisville?

Didn't think you'd fess up. Probably a smart move. I'll let the AirTran guys know to be on the lookout for you and get your name if it ever happens.

If you're a PCL guy, I'll personally call SL directly and I'll enjoy ensuring you get some time off to reflect violating the FOM.

Jumpseat use is very clear in the PCL FOM; start a war at your own risk... better have a d*mn good reason related to safety if you deny it to a properly dressed and certificated airman on the approved carrier list.

Guys like you give all the other pilots a bad name.

You better start studying for your recurrent ground written test. Wouldn't want two busts on your record...

I didn't say that I support it . . . I don't. No AirTran pilot does. It is a pending grievance,...

That'd be news to me, since I tried running this one through late last year and was told "it wouldn't be processed" as it was perceived to be a losing battle, according to what was in the current contract language.

Best case, is we can hope to get unlimited back in a new contract and better language protecting the jumpseat policy in our favor.

You better start studying for your recurrent ground written test. Wouldn't want two busts on your record...
Ohhhh, that's witty.

Incidentally, I don't have ANY busts on my record, knock on wood. Training department agreed it was improper and removed it from my record a LONGGG time ago.

Thanks for your concern.

Now, can you come up with anything pertinent to the topic? Or are you just going to sling mud because you have no argument to stand on?

That's what I thought.

Nope . . I just am a lot less inclined to do anything about it after reading the whining and crying on this board by bedwetting ingrates like yourself and Sanchez.

Trying to help you inbred two ass-clowns would be like giving a family on "Springer" a brand-new trailer . . . . a waste of time and money.

Let's see...

Ty Webb

1. Bedwetting ingrate

2. Inbred two ass-clown

3. Idiot

4. Bed-buddy Sanchez

GuppyPuppy

1. Maybe flying with all those Eastern scabs has finally rubbed off on you

Well, I'd say it's Ty Webb 4, GuppyPuppy 1.

Yep, you win! Congratulations, you're the best.

Cheers!

GP

Ohhhh, that's witty.

Incidentally, I don't have ANY busts on my record, knock on wood. Training department agreed it was improper and removed it from my record a LONGGG time ago.

Thanks for your concern.

Now, can you come up with anything pertinent to the topic? Or are you just going to sling mud because you have no argument to stand on?

That's what I thought.

It's my jumpseat. If I don't want you, deal with it. That's why there is a place for my signature on the jumpseat form.

Feel free to call whoever you want to about it- maybe your pals on the j/s committee will call you back. They have been worthless to me. I'll be happy to talk to SL if I am ever called about the issue, which to this point I have not been. He is busy kissing management's ass at the moment though.

I have no problem extending common courtesy to a jumpseater, but how can you even ask when your company doesn't take more than one?...Or charges for an empty seat when there are 30 in the back?...Or turns down CASS approved cockpit jumpseaters?...Or expects full access to your jumpseat when they refuse to offer you theirs?

Can you tell me that you support your company's policy, or have made some attempt to have it removed? Otherwise, what argument do I need?

Jumpseat refused. Either get your policy changed, or find another way to work. I am definately not alone with this philosophy.

I don't hear a lot of people backing you on your personal vendetta.

Sorry you're not having any luck with Ed and Rick; they called me back immediately with the few problems I had and were instrumental in getting many, many things fixed, including CASS at PCL.

As for AirTran's policy: I don't like the policy. I don't agree with the policy. I think it sucks.

I also thought it sucked for 8 months on reserve when DAL would only take one jumpseater no matter how many seats were open in the back and I had to drive 4 hours each way to work. It didn't help when DAL pulled our pass agreement so I couldn't even WRITE a non-rev pass on DAL.

Doesn't mean I encouraged our CA's not to take DAL jumpseaters.

Taking a management policy out on a fellow pilot is juvenile and serves NO purpose.

Somehow after only being here 11 months I don't think I have a lot of pull trying to get ANY policy rescinded.

My thanks to the DAL folks who were instrumental in getting unlimited jumpseats online. It's nice not to have to drive every week. :D

Guys, are you actually listening to what you are saying (or writting here)??? Management is laughing their as# off while reading this nonsense we are talking about, thats why pilot unions always have issues when its time to move forward.

I can't believe you'd pass on a chance to come up front and tell us how you feel, Pipe . . . you wouldn't just pay your money and just go sulk in the back and cry about it to the pax and F/A's . . . . right?

Certainly, you'd be a real man, and take the opportunity to introduce yourself and speak your piece, instead of ducking in the back, and then later whining about it on an anonymous message board, r i i i ggghhhttttt????? . . .:rolleyes:

And I'm with -9Capt and just about every other AirTran Captain I know here when I say if I see you in the back, and you didn't come up front first . . . . you will definitely be getting your lousy $25 back and your happy ass can ride on Delta. Tell 'em Ty sent ya. . . . and have yourself a nice day . . . . somewhere else.

Thankfully we now have unlimited jumpseats and Delta pilots can sit in the F/A jumpseats so OAL CASS pilots can sit in the front if it's full. You are still a huge douch$ TY.....I have met and known so many laid back cool Airtran pilots, that I am not so sure you are one of them. But I guess going from a Westwind pilot to an Airtran Captain in only a few to five years makes you an expert on airline etiquette. I think we may have grown tired of you.......sorry.

Latest resources

Back