• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran F.O. lost on Comair accident Part II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had the fortune to fly with him during his time at ATA. If there is a memorial fund set up by AirTran pilots, I know a lot of ATA pilots would like to contribute. Any info would be appreciated. God bless all the victims and their families of this tragedy.

What a waste. I flew with the captain of the flight during my time at comair but I did not know him closely. I knew the jumpseater very well from my time at skyway, truly one of the nicest, easy going guys you will ever meet.

If anyone knows of a fund for his family please post it here or in a seperate dedicated thread. Maybe we can do something positive for the crews' families to make up for the fact that we all look like idiots after some of the posts on this board. I am actually embarrassed to have this place in my bookmarks.

A fund is in the process of being set up. It is in the planning stages but as info becomes available it will be made available for any donations.

I'm a fellow furloughed ATA, could someone please PM his name, I think he might have been in my new hire class, especially since he was former Skyway. Thanks

A fund is in the process of being set up. It is in the planning stages but as info becomes available it will be made available for any donations.

I feel real bad for everyone involved. Being a commuter myself, I find this very sad for the guy hitching a ride to work. Probably left for work early in the morning just trying to spend extra time at home. Very sad for everyone. I hope AirTran has some type of coverage that was/is available for his family.

I guess the tower was closed at the time?

One thing for certain is that our pilot group will come up big for his cause. I know we have in the past. May God bless his family.

Very Sad Day

Aviation has lost a pure gentleman. I flew with the Airtran jumpseater at Skyway a few years ago. This person was one of those people that made going to work just that much easier . I am very saddened by his passing, as I'm sure all that knew him are. God bless him, his family and his fellow co-workers at Airtran.

Latest resources

Back