• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran F.O. lost on Comair accident Part II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After thinking some more...to add to my post..and fwiw...in the case of the Captain I would think it especially important for any of his fellow friends/co-workers to write some letters to his children (for them to read when they get older) about what a Great Pilot and Person he really was. Unfortunately within the society we live in today, many (speaking media here) will focus on one aspect of his life (the accident) and not who he really was. So when his children get older they can read letters of what their father was like from people that really knew him, instead of reading old news clipings of the Captain who was involved in a crash.....just a thought from a father of 3

I was a coworker of CW's and fellow commuter out of LEX. We are all saddend by the loss of CW. And our prayers go out for His wife and young son.
We(the union) are working on the setup of a fund for his family, and will be happy to post that info when available.

You guys have some great ideas about the messages, rememberances for recalling later. I will be the local(lex)contact union rep for CW's family. I would love to be the point to collect those memories for compilation and presentation to his widow. Please feel free to email those to me at [email protected] or fax them to our Union office at (404)559-7735, in care of our legal counsel Laura Backus.

This could have just as easily been my commute, and I know how appreciative I'd be at the love shown my family after my passing.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and generosity.

Again, I'll put something up on the donations when we get it done.

Last edited:
“UM#1 - ...in the case of the Captain I would think it especially important for any of his fellow friends/co-workers to write some letters to his children (for them to read when they get older) about what a Great Pilot and Person he really was. Unfortunately within the society we live in today, many (speaking media here) will focus on one aspect of his life (the accident) and not who he really was…”

I agree 100%. I also think that the friends of the copilot should be there to support him when he gets out of the hospital. He and his family will need ALL support they can get. I hope his friends won’t abandon him now…

Last edited:
God Speed. May he soar without wings and enjoy eternal pease. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the families of all lost.

Last edited:
how wide is 26 compared to 22?

UM#1 said:
After thinking some more...to add to my post..and fwiw...in the case of the Captain I would think it especially important for any of his fellow friends/co-workers to write some letters to his children (for them to read when they get older) about what a Great Pilot and Person he really was. Unfortunately within the society we live in today, many (speaking media here) will focus on one aspect of his life (the accident) and not who he really was. So when his children get older they can read letters of what their father was like from people that really knew him, instead of reading old news clipings of the Captain who was involved in a crash.....just a thought from a father of 3

Excellent Idea!!

UM#1 said:

Here's a link where you can e sign a guest book and leave your thoughts, prayers or sympathies. http://www.legacy.com/kentucky/Guestbook.asp?PersonID=19002901 It's hosted by our local newspaper the Lexington Herald Leader.
I'd still like to gather the other from those of you who knew CW.
Fax 404-559-7735 c/o NPA legal counsel Laura Backus
email - [email protected]

Lowrider, if you dont mind I am going to sticky this to the top if the regional and major threads for a few weeks

Latest resources

Back