• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran F.O. lost on Comair accident Part II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do not know any one involved in the accident personally. But I know personally of such an unexpected loss. It teaches us to live everyday as if it were your last, because you never know when it might be. God bless the souls of all those who were taken. I will pray for all the family and friends. Everything happens in this life for a reason. All of us will learn from this, personally and professionally. As always, fly safe......Scoob

Don't mind at all Longhorn. Appreciate the exposure, and UM#1 thanks for the great idea. I keep thinking of my 3 year old boy, my 8 year old girl and my wonderful wife and how nice it would be for them to have something like this to reflect on had this been my commute.

SWA/FO said:
how wide is 26 compared to 22?
75' versus 150' I think... been a while since I was in there.

Either way it might not have looked it with the runway lights out in pre-dawn darkness.

Hey Lowrider, let me know whose v-file to drop the check in. Can't afford much on 1st year F/O pay with family of my own but even $20 or $50 bucks from each of us would go a LONG way towards their Cobra coverage and the beginning of a college fund for their little one.

I can only hope we'd all do the same for each others' loved ones if it had been any one of us...

Lear...if you dont mind, I will send you a check as well...Please put it in the v-file for me if you can. Ill call you after the storm on thurs or fri about it.

bs

Longhorn said:
Lear...if you dont mind, I will send you a check as well...Please put it in the v-file for me if you can. Ill call you after the storm on thurs or fri about it.

bs
Not a problem. They'll probably set it up to mail checks directly to someone as well, maybe even a Paypal account or something would be a really easy way to do it.

Lowrider, let me know if you need any help setting this up - I'm on reserve for a good long while so I have some time if you need the assistance.

Our NPA legal eagle is setting this up with wings financial c.u. Just waiting to hear on the account # and mailing address. Anytime now...We tried going the direct deposit route but it seems there are so many outside TRS that want to contribute. Bless you all.

Ok here it is... this will go out over AirTrans internal as well.--lowrider...

This message will appear on the NPA website and will be mass emailed to the pilot group later today. Thanks to all that helped.

The NPA has worked diligently with the Company to establish an account with Wings Financial whereby crew members may donate and show their support for the family of First Office Clarence “C.W.” Fortney. C.W. is survived by his loving wife, Sarah and his 16 month old son, Calvin James.
Donations will kindly be accepted via mail or in person to the address listed below. Wire transfer is also available; please call the NPA office at 404/559-7700 for wiring instructions.
Wings Financial
300 Galleria Parkway, Suite 100
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
Account Name: Benefit of the family of Clarence “C.W.” Fortney
Account Identification Number: 1131107

If you have already mailed a donation to the NPA offices or you have given your donation to the chief pilot’s office, the NPA will ensure that your donation is deposited into this savings account.

Thank you for all your continued support for CW and his family.

Latest resources

Back