• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Longhorn

Evil Genius
Ok guys, lets try this again...

Godspeed to the families and loved ones

Yes indeed! Does it really matter at this point why it happened? The fact is that many Families and lives will be forever altered..
We'll know more in the months to come, no need to speculate.. Godspeed!!

My condolences to all who lost there lives and even more so the family members that are now left to deal with this trajedy. I commute on a regular basis out of SDF and LEX and last night looked at the flights and Louisville looked better so I went out of there this morning but if it had been the other way around I would not be typing this in my hotel tonight. Never have I been so close to a decision that could have had such dire consequences choose one way you live and the other you die. I am kinda a little freaked out about the whole. My thoughts are with the families and there great losses.

No matter the cause of the accident, what happened today was a tragedy.

I can only hope that this accident will somehow remind us in our daily flying to always be cognizant of our situation, raise our complacency, and possibly prevent an even greater loss of life.

To the families and friends of the crew and our airTran jumpseater, my sincere condolences.

Lear70 said:
No matter the cause of the accident, what happened today was a tragedy.

I can only hope that this accident will somehow remind us in our daily flying to always be cognizant of our situation, raise our complacency, and possibly prevent an even greater loss of life.

To the families and friends of the crew and our airTran jumpseater, my sincere condolences.

Amen brother...

To scare you even more, can you fathom what was going through his mind as they were rolling down the runway, from a seat in the back of the plane? I can't even imagine! Helpless....

Last edited:
He was a friend of mine and his loss will be felt by all who knew him. My deepest condolences go out to his family.

He was a friend of mine as well. I was his FO on the Beech at Skyway a few times, and had the priviledge of being a coworker of his again at ATA. Great guy, great pilot, and always willing to help his fellow coworkers.

How incredibly unfair life seems to be.

Today is a very sad day...

Last edited:
While it is almost impossible for us to appreciate this point of view. I've got to believe that this mortal existence with all its troubles and human challenges is a far worse place to be than where he has moved on to. He probably feels great anguish for us knowing that we're still stuck in this mess....godspeed to all of us.

Latest resources

Back