• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran F.O. lost on Comair accident Part II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I also went knew him, and went to college with him. Unless things have changed LEX is a 24hr operation.

Good tailwinds my friend.

I also flew with him at Skyway he was true and genuine friend and a great and caring family man. My condolences to his family and parents.

God Speed my friend,
Joe

I found out the name today and although I didn't know him, the name was very familiar to me.....working in Ops and constantly seeing the crew connects list each day, some of the names you remember.

God bless his family along with the others from the accident.

God bless all souls who perished on Comair flight. I’ll pray for the surviving families and also for a speedy recovery of the lonely survivor.

FLB717 – please post instructions on how to donate to C.W. Fortney’s family, I’d love to contribute.

Also, Comair guys - if there’s a similar fund for the deceased captain’s family and one for the FO’s medical fund, please post those instructions here too.

I would love to contribute to the families of my fellow aviators regardless of what happened out there. We are all aviators!

This ruined my day after I found out who it was, and found his name in my logbook. Please post any support that can be given.

If it were me, I would want my buddies to write a letter telling all about me, put it in a box, put it away, and when my 3 young children (J.W.'s 16 mo old in this case) got old enough, they could pull them out, read them, and learn more about their father. While you have the memories and thoughts in your head now, put it on paper for the young children who will never get to really know who their dad was...just a thought

Latest resources

Back