Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran drops 5 cities, does SWA know what to do? Could it be....?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lets see, SwA buys AT, AT drops Moline and gets Cancun, Mexico city, PR, SWA gets HOU-RDU. Sounds fair. YGBFSM.

A few thoughts:

1) Short term, you are right. The 737s are coming to SWA starting in March, and then it will be SWA doing intl.

2) I'll fly to LBB or Mexico. I'm more concerned about pay and schedule. It ain't friggin London or Paris. A hotel is more or less a hotel. I need a good bed, food, and a gymn. Mexico isn't such a great place to be right now if you haven't kept up with the news.

3) Even longer term, we are all SWA now, so we will all (current AT and SWA pilots) be doing the intl (if we can hold it). Worrying about whether SWA or AT is getting the better routes is a display of stupidity. It's AT's now, it's SWA's later, and it's both even later. Big picture, guys. Try to keep up.

1) Short term, you are right. The 737s are coming to SWA starting in March, and then it will be SWA doing intl.

Apparently not.

The last 20 AirTran 737's that are configured for Intl. Ops will be last to transfer to the SWA side. They will stay on the AirTran side along with their B Scale 737 crews to do the flying.

This will go on for long after March, until SWA is approved, trained for Intl Ops and has a reservation system that is able to assign seats.

Last edited:
until SWA is approved, trained for Intl Ops and has a reservation system that is able to assign seats.
So, it only takes a self study CD and a computer test of 5 questions, about an hour of training then we'll be up to speed. This international stuff isn't rocket science.

So, it only takes a self study CD and a computer test of 5 questions, about an hour of training then we'll be up to speed. This international stuff isn't rocket science.

You forgot the best part; 50 pasty pilots and FA's trying to enter a raft.
I'm scarred for life.

You forgot the best part; 50 pasty pilots and FA's trying to enter a raft.
I'm scarred for life.
Actually to SWA's credit the pilots are opting out, only the FA's need to wear their tighty whities in the pool, pilots get to dry hump in a big room.

Latest resources

Back