• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Drops $25 Jumpseat Fee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya... All the other airlines just left you at the gate when the 1 jumpseat was full and the rest of the plane was wide open. For a long time AAI's policy was very nice, at least you had the chance to pay the $25 for a seat in the back. That is actually cheaper than my old airlines non rev passes.. AAI may have been a little slow to come around, but if I remember DAL only changed to unlimited just over a year ago, UAL was 2 years, ALA was 3 years, etc... For a long time the AAI policy was one of the best around, now it is in line with everyone else....

DAL used to have no OAL jumpseats. Thankfully DALPA put their foot down in 90s to have that policy changed.

Its about time.....

It only took years for you guys to get this changed.

Now that's a mature post from someone who apparently is very grateful to get a ride home.
He just seems to have a little trouble expressing his gratitude I guess.

What a tool.

AirTran never charged a fee to jumpseat......The jumpseat was free if it happened to be taken then you could buy a pass for 25 dollars...At leasts that is how one of our senior cpts explained it to me.

This is the kind of kool aid reasoning that will cause us to lose more ground in work rules if you volunteer for Union work. But hey, its a moot point now ay? Good riddens to the $25 "walkup pass"!(happy now?)

And welcome aboard.

Hopefully this came from the top down. I believe it is a sign of things to come now that Leonard(Lord Vader) is gone and Fernaro is now at the helm!

Good for you guys! Good on your management and Union to do that. I shouldn't have to explain myself anymore that I simply don't have any money in my bank account to justify paying for this. Right? Just kidding, congrats....

For the times they are achangin!

Hopefully this came from the top down. I believe it is a sign of things to come now that Leonard(Lord Vader) is gone and Fernaro is now at the helm!

I couldn't agree more! I heard that Fornaro was interested in changing the corprate culture. This is indeed a good sign.

I don't get down in that part of the country much these days, but I want to thank the Citrus guys that championed this issue and got it changed. You've always been great to me and even helped me duck the fee a time or two. It's appreciated.

Latest resources

Back