• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Drops $25 Jumpseat Fee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One of the more senior agents in ATL told me he found it humerous that a Legacy airline Captain making $150,000 a year walked away and refused to pay the fee...

When I was an agent I just assigned the seat and said "get on"....Memo did go out today to Cust Serv managers about the new policy and that it will go into effect....let's hope the agents pay attention when it's mentioned in their daily briefing.

Thank you guys at Airtran for working on this. I know that you guys have been trying to get rid of this for the rest of us for a long time. Again thanks!

I second that. Thanks!!!
Yall were great to JS on in 2001 before I was furloughed and I am looking forward to it again....maybe one of your FAs will give me her # in 08. Ha...nevermind..won't happen. :)
But seriously...THANKS

One of the more senior agents in ATL told me he found it humerous that a Legacy airline Captain making $150,000 a year walked away and refused to pay the fee...

When I was an agent I just assigned the seat and said "get on"....Memo did go out today to Cust Serv managers about the new policy and that it will go into effect....let's hope the agents pay attention when it's mentioned in their daily briefing.

It still amazes me today, how someone making 150K:eek: is too cheap to pay the fee. Not saying I agree with the fee but c'mon guys!

Its about time.....

It only took years for you guys to get this changed.

We didn't change the policy, the company did. We have no control over this. The company can do what they wish with the jump seat, it's theirs.
I am pleased that the charge is gone, it was an unnecessary policy.

It still amazes me today, how someone making 150K:eek: is too cheap to pay the fee. Not saying I agree with the fee but c'mon guys!

What? What's wrong with you?

Nobody, even if they were making $1 mil. a year should have to pay that ridiculous fee. What other airline did that? None. That fee was management greed, simple as that. Now it's finally gone and AT is in step with the rest of the industry welcoming unlimited jumpseaters onboard...as it should be.

Agreed. It's not the $25 dollars, it's the principle involved.

Wonder if SkyBus charges for the jumpseat?

What's up BP? How's the boy?

AirTran never charged a fee to jumpseat......The jumpseat was free if it happened to be taken then you could buy a pass for 25 dollars...At leasts that is how one of our senior cpts explained it to me. I also always explained it that way while jumpseating on delta if they chose to give me schmidt about it. Like one dork did. It was a crappy policy we had no control over it. With that monkey of a president we have no leverage at the negotiating table because the NMB is majority Corp. America. that will change.

Ya... All the other airlines just left you at the gate when the 1 jumpseat was full and the rest of the plane was wide open. For a long time AAI's policy was very nice, at least you had the chance to pay the $25 for a seat in the back. That is actually cheaper than my old airlines non rev passes.. AAI may have been a little slow to come around, but if I remember DAL only changed to unlimited just over a year ago, UAL was 2 years, ALA was 3 years, etc... For a long time the AAI policy was one of the best around, now it is in line with everyone else....

Latest resources

Back