• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Captain leaves for SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, here's a little hint, IF the number of AAI pilots was really 100, that's a lot closer to 5% than 10%.

7.7% (might be higher too), but who's counting. Still a very large percentage to completely throw in the town at one carrier to start at the bottom of another list, and no it won't go unnoticed.

7.7% (might be higher too), but who's counting. Still a very large percentage to completely throw in the town at one carrier to start at the bottom of another list, and no it won't go unnoticed.

You really believe the arbitrator will consider this. Really? How many people left LUV pre 2001 when your pay and QOL sucked compared to the rest of the industry? Keep saying it and I guess eventually it will be true.

*snerk* You guys are killing me... take a few days off the boards and all hell breaks loose again.

Yves was a really cool guy, I was in his crashpad for my 4 months on reserve as a new-hire, I hear he's enjoying Delta quite a bit. Some people just want to fly heavy metal international. Nothing wrong with that, but it has zero relevance to any SLI issues.

And no, the ALPA membership department keeps VERY close tabs on who is on the Seniority list and who leaves and why. Medical out, mil leave, current ALPA or not, the list that comes out has to be certified and any changes are carefully scrutinized. If ALPA says no one's left for Southwest, then no one has left.

As far as who showed upon the *INTERVIEW LIST*, that's quite possible. I'm sure quite a few people have apps on file still with Southwest (I don't, but I know a few who did as of 9/27). I'm sure it will come up, and it will likely be the first time it's become a part of the argument in an SLI proceeding, so I guess we're going to find out how much weight it gets. None of us have any way of knowing, as it's completely up to the 3-panel arbitration board if it goes that route, so why are we debating this again?

This is going to be a LONG summer, everyone needs to have a frosty beverage and RELAX... :beer:

How many people left LUV pre 2001 when your pay and QOL sucked compared to the rest of the industry?

And EXACTLY how does that have any impact on what will be in front of an arbitor? Because NOW the the payrates and QOL are way far apart. So I guess you think that won't matter either...maybe if you keep saying it, it will come true.

And EXACTLY how does that have any impact on what will be in front of an arbitor? Because NOW the the payrates and QOL are way far apart. So I guess you think that won't matter either...maybe if you keep saying it, it will come true.

Time will tell my man! I have my doubts though. If it makes your feel better rock on with it. Pay is temporary. Not trying to start an argument but I just don't think it will be relevant in an arbitration. Who knows?

I'm w/ you Lear on the cold relaxation this summer-

No one is going to convince the other-

That said, I'm still looking for ANY reason why any ALPA rep or lawyer would facilitate this in a smooth manner.
Even if it just buys them a few more months (or years) of dues- or the lawyers get a few more billable hours.

Don't convince yourself, OR LET YOURSELF BE CONVINCED, you'll ever be getting screwed ending up on the SWA seniority list- anywhere - the intangibles are worth it alone-
Exhibit A: SWA did not furlough in 2009 at great cost, and strategically shrinking, when every other carrier got out the AX rather happily. The lack of stress here is something to be grateful for in a real way.

Please think about that. I am very lucky to fly here. So will you.

Last edited:
I agree 27, we will all just have to wait and see how it plays out..

The longer and longer this process agreement takes, I have to agree with Waveflyer. This thing should have been complete over a MONTH ago at a minimum.

ALPA will drag this out ad nauseum. Don't believe me? The proof is in the time line so far, it will continue at this pace or slower.

I'm w/ you Lear on the cold relaxation this summer-

No one is going to convince the other-

That said, I'm still looking for ANY reason why any ALPA rep or lawyer would facilitate this in a smooth manner.
Even if it just buys them a few more months (or years) of dues- or the lawyers get a few more billable hours.

Don't convince yourself, OR LET YOURSELF BE CONVINCED, you'll ever be getting screwed ending up on the SWA seniority list- anywhere - the intangibles are worth it alone-
Exhibit A: SWA did not furlough in 2009 at great cost, and strategically shrinking, when every other carrier got out the AX rather happily. The lack of stress here is something to be grateful for in a real way.

Please think about that. I am very lucky to fly here. So will you.
Well-said, and I appreciate the balanced response.

Look forward to flying with you one of these days! :)

Latest resources

Back