• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran and Alaska?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amazing. A post about a hypothetical merger that won't happen and the trolls emerge bringing up each airline's crashes. Classy, especially for both sets of pilots who worked their asses off till the end fighting a losing battle.

Actually, an AAI/AS merger would make a lot of sense. However, with $112 bbl oil and the uncertainties today, I don't see it happening.

Alaska is a proud company with roots that date back many years.

Airtran's roots date back to Valuejet.

Nuff said on this one.

Yet more proof that SWA's interview process isn't as good as they think it is at weeding out the d0uchebags.

Just my thoughts, SWA won't buy any one, AAI won't get bought bought by any one. SWA will survive and pick up the pieces when legacies shed domestic capacity either on their own or after merger mania. We will see the loss of some airlines, could be AAI, AS, FRNT, MEH, Spirit, JBLU, we may even see a legacy wither on the vine. No matter what it will be a very disappointing year for the airline industry as a whole. AAI, where I work, will survive if management gets creative and decides to sell a better product, dirty airplanes, grumpy employees and XM will not cut the mustard. Virgin needs to be watched, Branson is slowly connecting the dots and is building a truly global airline. I wish the best to all.

You obviously haven't heard about Branson's "success" at Virgin Blue.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back