• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran and Alaska?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to give them 2 because they have a descent defense and I don't think a safety is totally out of the question just once.:laugh:

You really should have considered going to a college on one end of the state or the other. :nuts:

Scrub.... Alaska going out of business???? You need to do some research buddy. Thats pretty funny... They may get bought, but they ain't going out of business.... Have you seen how much cash they have??? Oh wait.. Have you seen their fuel hedges??? Their hedges are second only to SWA, and they have a ton of cash... Alaska ain't going anywhere. They can handle the downturn better then anyone... With the exception of SWA..

You've never heard of a descent defense? It only occurs in aviation when the controller holds you up too long.;)

I'm Dash trash; I've never heard of being held up too long. Matter of fact, I think you might have taught me a thing or two about recovering from overlooked descent planning.

No. I taught you how to drink to much and fall rapidly off your bar stool. That is the rapid descent I taught!!:beer:

Fact is there is only one airline that has not had an accident, QANTAS.
Nuff said.

Not only has Qantas had accidents, it's had 8 fatal accidents killing 62 people.

Alright, none since 1951 and no jet transport accidents.

Here is their last major accident; no fatalities: http://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/investigation_reports/1999/AAIR/pdf/aair199904538_001.pdf

I'm pretty sure that a 747 is a jet. And I'm almost positive that 1999 comes after 1951.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back