• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran=alpa!!!! The Time Is Now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How would it cost you more money when ALPA dues are less than NPA dues?

My thoughts exactly. Pay less, get more. Sounds good to me.

Alpa may or maynot be the answer, but I must say I had the warm fuzzies with Alpa legal in the back pocket . NPA legal scares me, Been here for years but I still feel like I'm on probation. Company does'nt want you on the property, you're gone. I don't think ALPA would have let Lear hanging.

Well with ALPA, Prater probably wouldn't have signed off on our "Give away" LOA's. All LOA's are give aways. We have received nothing in return. ALPA would provide a National structure that our Union boys need. Education is a good start.

I wouldn't be so quick to believe that Prater will stand like a brick wall against a bad LOA. ALPA National endoresed a terrible LOA at FEDEX that has out pilots based overseas with no COLA (basically a 50% paycut based on the present value of the Euro) in return for a token housing allowance and small increase in the amount of clothing you could take over with you. Oh yeah, we also get a 3 hour limo ride to the airport before starting the all night drool.

It's a great LOA that was shoved down out throat by the MEC and all the Memphis guys who "didn't care because they weren't going to bid it".

If I was an airtran guy, I would focus on improving NPA from within, rather that expect for ALPA to solve all your problems and to tax your 401K in order to maintain the national officers salaries.

Remember Prater's battle cry...Takin' it back (from the next generation!!!)

Alpa may or maynot be the answer, but I must say I had the warm fuzzies with Alpa legal in the back pocket . NPA legal scares me, Been here for years but I still feel like I'm on probation. Company does'nt want you on the property, you're gone. I don't think ALPA would have let Lear hanging.

I had a friend involved in an accident and he wasn't too impressed with ALPA legal...whose solution was to let him get "fired" and then a backhanded deal to get hired back a year later.

He represented himself and kept his job, no time off.

If I were involved in an accident or incident (knock on wood) I would hire my own lawyer...based on the experiences of my friend and ALPA national.

I wouldn't be so quick to believe that Prater will stand like a brick wall against a bad LOA. ALPA National endoresed a terrible LOA at FEDEX that has out pilots based overseas with no COLA (basically a 50% paycut based on the present value of the Euro) in return for a token housing allowance and small increase in the amount of clothing you could take over with you. Oh yeah, we also get a 3 hour limo ride to the airport before starting the all night drool.

It's a great LOA that was shoved down out throat by the MEC and all the Memphis guys who "didn't care because they weren't going to bid it".

If I was an airtran guy, I would focus on improving NPA from within, rather that expect for ALPA to solve all your problems and to tax your 401K in order to maintain the national officers salaries.

Remember Prater's battle cry...Takin' it back (from the next generation!!!)

Doesn't matter if you are ALPA, APA, NPA, or Teamsters....none of us are really "unified".....There are too many self interests....

ALPA is nothing but legal fees: legal fees being paid to defend itself from the numerous suits brought against it.

Save your cash and show solidarity with your current union. Besides, you won't have to put up with ALPA merger policy!

stlflyguy

You know what... Screw the junior guys... Just fire them. You know what, thats what AAI mgt would have done. And they would have never hired any of you back. Give the NPA some credit. The did the best with a bad situation. Don't blame them for a chity contract that past NPA BOD's voted for. Have you ever seen a real airline contract???? Have you seen the current contract that we fly under??? It is so full of wholes its not even funny. Give the current NPA the benefit of the doubt. They are dealing with a contract that sells the farm to the company. Their hands are tied to an extent. THANK GOD THE TA III GOT VOTED DOWN. Let them get a decent contract that doesn't have so many chity grey areas and let them work... For god sakes, don't blame the current NPA for the usless retards we had before. Unfortunatly, the current NPA is having to deal with the decision of the usless NPA ran under AP and others before him...
Those are some fighting words ah Fire the junior guys all I have to say is SCREW YOU!

Lets be real about this. Management played a hand of poker and won. What exactly was GAINED by this last LOA, Please tell. Management gave exactly what they wanted us have. The retired guys still in the training dept. A bunch of the company may's and that is it. I think it is time for the backing of a national union. How do you think it looks with what happened yesterday. The NPA is the laughing stock amid management. When you log into the NPA website you have a 3 page letter about the MEMRAT and nothing about the furloughs or displacement bid that came out today, or what does TBD "we will let you know your status in a few weeks" deal. What does that mean? The union leaders should be all over this and posting something immediately. Hello !!!!!!
AMEN Brotha! Like the previous thread talked about. What the F over!

My experience with ALPA got me a couple of pizzas, a six pack, and two concessionary contracts for a low low dues fee of only $15,000.

I'd say you are probably better off going it alone with an in house union. Hire your own consultants and lawyers. ALPA doesn't care they just want the dues to serve their own purposes and agendas.

Just my opinion.

Latest resources

Back