Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Airways pilots launch ALPA ballot drive!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you want to see your dues pay for the lavish lifestyles of the executives, join ALPO.
ONLY 30 cents on the dollar is returned to you in services, the rest is spent running the union. What a waste of resources. There is nothing an in house union can't do cheaper and more efficiently then ALPO.

Does anybody have figure on the amount of dues collected in a year by ALPA?

Does anybody have figure on the amount of dues collected in a year by ALPA?

The finance report, including the projected 2008 and 2009 annual dues collected, is available on the log in section of alpa.org

ALPA members can use their member number and password!

Last edited:
RS4 airbags... just when I thought I'd seen it all - LOL. (owner of a 2002 S4).

Have no idea what the amount of dues collected is per year, and yes, it's true, the Admin Assistant (secretary) to the ALPA president makes more than most of our F/O's.

That's not a sign that ALPA admin is overpaid, it's a sign of how dramatically WE are UNDERPAID.

My buddy who has no degree has a job with Verizon as an assistant manager and makes over $60k. My ex who has no degree has a job in a medical office making $60k.

The aviation profession is, as a whole, a joke in terms of compensation packages. Time, indeed, to take it the hell back!

Last edited:
He was there "on the ground" during the last Colgan and Skywest ALPA drives.

Come to think of it, maybe he should just sit this one out.

:rolleyes: I'm sure he an the other Rez-bians will be out in full force.

stlflyguy

For the people who are bashing ALPA can you really blame the pilots at Airtran for wanting something different? Just cause you personally or a friend had a bad experience with ALPA doesnt mean everybody else did. Also at least those people are trying to do something to help, unlike you guys. If you hate ALPA so much then join the Teamsters drive. Do something other then attack others who are trying to change their airline for the better. You know the sad part is that you guys keep living in the past holding on to your beloved TWA or Eastern airlines. Those airlines are long gone and in the past. Time to look towards the future.

The finance report, including the projected 2008 and 2009 annual dues collected, is available on the log in section of alpa.org

ALPA members can use their member number and password!

Obviously I don't have access to that information, but I figure that total dues assessment is around 50 to 55 million a year.

Is that a close guess?

Last edited:
For the people who are bashing ALPA can you really blame the pilots at Airtran for wanting something different? Just cause you personally or a friend had a bad experience with ALPA doesnt mean everybody else did. Also at least those people are trying to do something to help, unlike you guys. If you hate ALPA so much then join the Teamsters drive. Do something other then attack others who are trying to change their airline for the better. You know the sad part is that you guys keep living in the past holding on to your beloved TWA or Eastern airlines. Those airlines are long gone and in the past. Time to look towards the future.

It's actually refreshing to see a pilot group make a bold move to help their cause. I know nothing about AirTran's current union, but it's unfortunate that the the best union to join is the highest "F."

Latest resources

Back