Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Airways pilots launch ALPA ballot drive!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Best of luck with the negotiations!

I wish I knew the Audi chick, got the pic from another forum, I've got the RS4 up to around 450HP, they can be modded!
Thanks.

She actually looks a lot like a girl I used to date (seriously) about the time she got her "air bags". ;) She's older now, but still hot as hell,,,

One of these days, when we GET a decent contract and pay scales, I'll think about getting a newer model.

I'm still waiting for ANY manufacturer to make the perfect car: a 4-door convertible sedan with S4 power or better... Hard to wrestle the little ones in and out of a 2-door. :)

You know the sad part is that you guys keep living in the past holding on to your beloved TWA or Eastern airlines. Those airlines are long gone and in the past.
While ALPA may seem to be the best of some pretty poor options, please remember that past is prologue. Knowing this ahead of time will go a long way to right size our expectations if national support is ever needed.

The only thing I would caution you guys about is this, ALPA or NPA, you guys have to have the unity and resolve to get things done. I sometimes think that pilots think that ALPA will magically come in and fix everything that is wrong at a particular airline. Then, when things don't go the way they thought it would, they become disillusioned with ALPA as well.

Good luck with your ALPA push, but don't ever lose sight of who is the union, and that's YOU GUYS.

The only thing I would caution you guys about is this, ALPA or NPA, you guys have to have the unity and resolve to get things done. I sometimes think that pilots think that ALPA will magically come in and fix everything that is wrong at a particular airline. Then, when things don't go the way they thought it would, they become disillusioned with ALPA as well.

Good luck with your ALPA push, but don't ever lose sight of who is the union, and that's YOU GUYS.
Well said!

Misconception #1: ALPA will show up on property, wave their magic wand and their will be payraises for all.

1. Learn how to spell.

2. No one has any such misconception. ALPA provides resources that help you achieve your goals. They don't "wave a magic wand." We will never achieve anything without the proper resources.

What resources are those? You're still bound by the RLA and the lawyer that ALPA sent us for our 1113c hearings was a moron. Your pilot group is still the provider of your local union leadership and that won't change with a different national. Whatever makes you feel better though.

I couldnt agree with you more, you are 100% right. At least with ALPA you can get an aero-medical department, loss of lic. and loss of medical insurance as well. Something we dont have at NPA nor does Teamsters have. So ALPA is better then what we have now regardless!

What resources are those?

MCF funding, team of lawyers, E & FA, National SP/SC support, negotiations training, etc...

and the lawyer that ALPA sent us for our 1113c hearings was a moron.

Why? Because you didn't like what he had to say? Were you even someone that worked with him, or were you just a crew-room lawyer who thinks he knows better?

Your pilot group is still the provider of your local union leadership and that won't change with a different national.

Good local leaders can't accomplish jack sh!t if they don't have the resources to back them up.

Latest resources

Back