• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran: 717 Vs 737

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Likw you said...wow. 1367 posts on FI and that's the stupidest one you've seen? read back on some of yer own, Zippy

No zippy, that isn't what I said. So I guess you can't read either. Your post was simply up there with some of the stupidest posts I've seen, I didn't say it was the stupidest. I'm sure you'll keep working on it though, don't sell yourself short.

FJ

Beside that artical, it as been mention many times on web cast that we would only take airplanes through june or july. Artical is no surprise. I think they said we taking between 14-15 planes next year.

Got The Call Today!!!

HR called today and offered me a class in May! What a hard 10 days it has been since the interview...checking the mailbox and cell every 15 minutes. A special thanks is in order to my friends at AirTran who played a vital role in helping me out. I can't wait to start and I look forward to meeting all of you. Akeem is very happy to be a Tranny and to join you guys!

Congratulations, my Prince. If you work really hard, you may even make manager at McDowell's. :D

Seriously, good job on the call for class... Now hurry up and push me off these *@$)($*! buildup lines. 13 months and I'm still on buildup lines!!! Jeez Louise. ;)

Akeem,
Welcome to the Citrus Family.

HR called today and offered me a class in May! What a hard 10 days it has been since the interview...checking the mailbox and cell every 15 minutes. A special thanks is in order to my friends at AirTran who played a vital role in helping me out. I can't wait to start and I look forward to meeting all of you. Akeem is very happy to be a Tranny and to join you guys!

Great job! Have they indicated which aircraft you would "likely" get? Or should we assume that 717 will the choice?

Personally, I am a fan of the 717 and think it would be fun to fly for awhile - despite the slow movement on the fleet.

I will graciously join Akeem in class in May. I too, am very excited to join AirTran and look forward to meeting everyone. Unfortunately, I had to wait one day shy of two weeks after my interview. I will say that each day that passed made me realize exactly how important this job is to me.

To answer your question On your Six...HR told me that as of right now, to expect the 737...but it is always subject to change due to necessity.

Congrats NY...

Latest Vacancy Initial closed with 6 717 openings and 16 737 openings about your class time frame.

None of them were taken by F/O's transitioning from other equipment, all to be filled by new-hires.

Congrats, most of the other classes have gone mostly 717, looks like many of you will get your choice of equipment.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back