• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airport Ready Reserve or Hot Reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They get paid $4hours for 4 hours. We get paid $4 for 8hours of reserve. There is so much more we could get for pbs, the current offer is not near enough.

Of course....However is seems that many in favor of PBS are primarily interested in saving the company money thereby increasing the odds that they upgrade sooner through increased flying.

Those guys need a heavy dose of "The Magenta Line." Look over in the Majors section.

Yeah; I'm really disappointed with our ready reserve system at ASA. It really does not fit in with the rest of the contract at all.

wow; i like the xjt deal; how much do you get paid for it?
3.75 hrs for sit time on call. If you do a aircraft repo, you get 30 mins pay added to that 3.75. If you sit the 3.75 till then last min, then get called to fly, you get that 3.75, plus what you fly the rest of the day. Never back to back, never on last day of reserve. Used to be 5 hrs, now for under new MOU. Since our concessions, we've gotten a few other things changed too.

PSA-
10 hours of hot, no credit towards guarantee.
No more than 3 consecutive hot reserves in a row

But we get $1.45 per diem which makes it all better!

Yeah; I'm really disappointed with our ready reserve system at ASA. It really does not fit in with the rest of the contract at all.

While I don't like to sit ready reserve, and the way it is assigned could be improved, it is FAR better than the way it used to be.

There was a time when, if your pairing ended in ATL before 17:00 you WOULD be extended no question. The current system is better.

Colgan has no contract but we do get paid half rr time. rr is only sit times over 4.75 hours and anyone can do it for any length of time.

I can see your point coopervane, but it sucks having done it for almost 2 years now. I agree it's good that the lineholders aren't getting extended as much. I think Air Wisconsin doesn't even put short call guys on ready reserve, but they have ready reserve lines-maybe someone from there can shed some light on that for me.

Going on 2 years for me too. But I am willing to sit RR for the collective good.

I have to believe I will benefit from this someday!!

QX no per diem. 8hr sitting and get paid 4 hrs toward monthly guarantee. Can get switched from home reserve to Airport. Times range from 0430-1230 and 12-8. I was commuting to it and it worked out. Not many over nights unless called on the last flight of the night. I didn't mind it that much. Most the time didn't even get a call. I got a Netflix account for my bday and was able to watch movies all day.

Latest resources

Back