• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

airplane off runway in CLE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATIS is always overriding factor. Until it has been changed that is what is legal to the FAA and NTSB. The rest is hearsay.

So if an ATIS reports 1/4mi, and the approach requires 1/2mi or 2400RVR, and tower reports that RVR is greater than 5000, you would not shoot the approach? You're a captain?

Does any other airline have the new actual landing distance requirement that we have at ASA per the FAA? I was told that it was the direct result of the SWA accident.

We have to calculate the actual landing distance at the time of arrival. When I went to CLE the other day (before the incident, but after the first snowstorm) the runway data we used for the CR7 said we needed around 6000'. I guess we would have have been prohibited from landing 28.

Does Shuttle have this chart yet?

Does any other airline have the new actual landing distance requirement that we have at ASA per the FAA? I was told that it was the direct result of the SWA accident.

We have to calculate the actual landing distance at the time of arrival. When I went to CLE the other day (before the incident, but after the first snowstorm) the runway data we used for the CR7 said we needed around 6000'. I guess we would have have been prohibited from landing 28.

Does Shuttle have this chart yet?

Do you mean by looking up actual landing distance for your weight and adding another 40% to see if the runway in use is feasable?

No, not factored stuff...actual landing distance based on the actual weather at the time of landing. Must be less than the runway available. I believe we add a 1000' buffer to that at ASA in snowy conditions.

Do you mean by looking up actual landing distance for your weight and adding another 40% to see if the runway in use is feasable?

this is a dispatch operation (121.195). once in the air, it is simply can you land there or not, ie the landing distance from the chart.

are you guys that conservative where you add back in the 40% dispatch requirement?

Yea it turns out that the lake effect snow we had here yesterday was indeed coming off of lake Huron, not Erie as it is indeed about 99% frozen over, absolutely amazing.

What? When was the last time lake effect snow reversed course, went SW and nailed Cleveland from Lake Huron?

Ah yes, the Magic Lake Effect Snowstorm. May even be a Zapruder film out there. :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back