• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

airnet SIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is not at all that uncommon for a company to have a L.O.A from the FAA stating that you can have a trained and checked SIC logging time in a Single Pilot Aircraft. The smallest one that we have on that program is a Navajo. Make sure that the company has a current L.O.A on file though because I know of some companies that stated you can build time with them doing the SIC thing and it turned out that they did not have approval for the program.

BushwickBill said:
Not trying to debate the matter. Just wondering about the opportunity. I'm considering a lot of 135 operations. Seems like a good way to go.

I think riding shotgun for a month would be a good idea. Not sure I want to go single pilot, at the minimums, with icing, my first week on the job anyhow. :)

"Riding Shotgun" definitely has it's benefits. I flew a Chieftan at a different company prior to AirNet. Glad I did. My first night online by myself at AirNet was in a Chieftan. CMH-IND-MDW-CPS-MDW-MKE-CMH. 7.4 hrs flying, exactly a 14hr duty night/day mostly IMC, winter, in the ice. Daytime started on the MDW-MKE leg (6am). Things got busy on the radios quick with solid IMC between the two cities. I only got about 2 hrs IOE before that trip a night or two before. Now they are doing more IOE before sending you on your own. When I was a CMH Prop Floater, I had IOEs riding with me all the time. It's a GREAT company and I highly recommend it. It's the best flying you will ever do. I've recently left for the regionals after 6 months in the Lear, and do miss that type of flying on occasion, but dont' miss the night schedule. Pay is excellent as a prop pilot. I made $42,000 first year flying alot of fifth nights, on the road alot (perdiem and travel pay). However, new pay scales will not make you alot of money in the long run. Regionals will exceed AirNet pay scales after second year. Hope that helps.

USC328

What up fellow Starcheckers?? Enjoy your prop days, YOU WILL MISS THEM.

Regionals might pay more after the second year if and only if you don't get furloughed when mainlines that you fly for declare bankruptcy.

Purvis stop with the lies!! You know regionals don't pay better second year than Airnet! You know that very FEW people actually make base pay here! We all know you are just trying to justify your leaving even though you know it was a mistake. You probably spend more time on the starcheck website than any current employee!!
:beer:

Hey, don't mess with the Perv. No really though, Airnet will be some of the best flying I ever did. I was in BHM flying 8 hrs 5 days a week down to florida and around the gulf. Loads of fun and thunderstorms. It was great until they started cutting some runs down there, and I had to relocate. I made base pay in PHL for a while, which sucked. Now I am pulling in about the same money as I did as a prop captain making base pay, but there's light at the end of the proverbial tunnel when probation ends. Yeah it sucks. I could get furloughed, hell I probably will get furloughed, that's just the way I have to look at it. This is the way the industry is and you just have to try and make good choices the best you can. Is Airnet still trying to recoup the whole bank check thing going away with medical stuff? Airnet COULD be a great company if they quit outsourcing all their staff and quit losing shipments and quit hiring corporate raiders that come in and steal money and F*** the place up then leave. It's a damn shame. Have fun all. BTW, OUPilot: is that N78DM in your avatar? Great bird!

all jokes aside...

Seriously...for one second - is Airnet a good place to hang you hat for that second career? My wife earns good money and i want to do something after retirement from military / IT world...

Thanks,
LA

That is good old N800U. It is a BE55 that Ohio University uses for multi training. That is an awesome Baron. Had a Colemill conversion and all.

Latest resources

Back