• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

airnet SIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We've been cleared to resume our moaning...PAYCHECKS SUCK!!!!! Oh wait, paychecks don't suck, just the ones you don't get paid the right amount...ok ok, so i guess that means PAYCHECKS SUCK!!!:laugh:

Gelopilot...if you plan on coming over here, you will happily join in on the "paycheck" debate, well not debate, more like b!tching sessions...it's the most common topic among all of the b!tching heard anywhere in the company...one VERY high(or should i say "Bigger") management folk would be the second. Good luck with the interview

Last edited:
Man, I know I am gonna get people irate again..:( but one other question, Does Airnet look at college transcripts and require that as part of what to have for the interview/job? I doubt it is, but I also want to see if they want to see that as well. I am a ERAU grad, but I must say I only had like a meager 2.1 GPA when I graduated, and it took me like almost 6 years, (well i took like 1.5 years off to take a breather and work on my ratings, the going for flight training and a full workload of classes was beginning to really make me crack) The physics and calculus classes were all taught by these super engineer PHD proffesors who couldn't for the life of them teach at a fundamental level, and that killed my GPA.

I don't remember if there is a spot on the application that asks for the GPA or not, but if not, I definately wouldn't volunteer it. I'm not trying to put you down, because your GPA could be low for any variety of reasons, but 2.1 in one of the easiest majors out there would be a red flag for me if I was interviewing an applicant and knew something about Embry Riddle's Aero Sci degree. It would not, however, be a deal breaker- it would come down to the applicant's explanation of it. The recruiter hates excuse makers and blaming it on the teachers of the class will not fly, but I think something that would satisfy me would be along the lines of "Admittedly, I could have applied myself more and sought more outside help through the courses that gave me trouble. If I was to retake those courses today, I'd address the problem in such and such a way and so and so would be my plan for success." Remember, if invited to training, they'll be investing roughly $7,000 in you before you ever hit the line and start making money for the company- so the whole point of the interview is sorting through people who are likely to wash out of training. Training is not impossible, but I think you'll definately find it to be a challenge and they're looking for people who will be able to meet a challenging courseload head-on and make it though. Saying that the teachers of a college course were "too hard" which explains failing the class would indicate to me that the applicant is willing to accept failure in my own training program if it gets too hard.

Please understand that I'm not trying to make you feel stupid, I'm just giving you my insight on what would be going through my mind when interviewing someone with a low GPA and what it would take for them to prove to me that they're going to make it through training. Good luck!

another few pointers on interviewing. I just interviewed a few weeks ago. don't let 'ATC' rush you in the sim. I had an engine failure on the missed from the first app. and was given 'starcheck one, three from the marker, heading 250, cleared for the ILS. At this point i was still cleaning up the aircraft and finishing the checklists (i was probably a bit slow at doing this all too) . i hadnt even had time to brief the ILS so i just told him i needed a few minutes before i could shoot the approach, so he gave me a slight heading change and told me to let him know when i'm ready. finished the chelists, briefed the approach, shot it,no problems. it would have probably been a very ugly app. had i accepted the clearance the first time. i think they really just want to see that you can handle the stress of flying the sim and still make good decisions. also, during the face-to-face, they will try to get you to talk yourself out of an answer you give them.. knowyour multi procedures well enough that you can easily stick to your first answers. the written is very simple for a CFII. i got the job - scratch that - a training date, so this is some what realiable. good luck.

and yeah, and about the SIC program...its still alive, but i think the days of starting to fly with 700 hours might be gone. i was called last friday with the offer of a training date. a new class starts on the 1st, but im in the class on the 15th b/c i only have 1050TT...they told me to fly my butt off and get another 100 hrs b4 i get there. a buddy of mine just got put in the pool untill he has 1050+...he has 700TT.

Gelopilot79 said:
Man, I know I am gonna get people irate again..:( but one other question, Does Airnet look at college transcripts and require that as part of what to have for the interview/job? I doubt it is, but I also want to see if they want to see that as well. I am a ERAU grad, but I must say I only had like a meager 2.1 GPA when I graduated, and it took me like almost 6 years, (well i took like 1.5 years off to take a breather and work on my ratings, the going for flight training and a full workload of classes was beginning to really make me crack) The physics and calculus classes were all taught by these super engineer PHD proffesors who couldn't for the life of them teach at a fundamental level, and that killed my GPA.

Do you have 1200TT? If so, can you competently handle a high performance twin or Caravan on an ILS to mins (but never below) all night, every night? If so, then stop worrying about your GPA>

Thanks Mason, I been asking some people about this. They all said thats nothing to even worry about. Plus that was years back when I wasn;t taking school seriously and taking beer chugging more seriously. As for my flying past, I never failed an FAA checkride, and I never had a problem getting used to an airplane, my FI's always told me I have a good nack of getting used to the airplane fairly quickly, and that I'm a good pilot for my expeirence level. At the jump zone that I worked for to build my time up b4 I got into CFI'ing, all the jumpers there always prefferd me to fly the plane over the other guys who have over 15 years flying jumpers, (those other guys are really good pilots tho, its just they have a full time job during the week and I can tell they are getting tired of going up and down after all these years, plus they are not trying to build time anymore)
With that, I guess I can feel safe thinking that I should be OK, after all, I'm sure flying an airplane well takes better precedence over having me figure out the force of friction on a 32psi tire breaking on a wet runway. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back