airnet SIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aperson

Any current/former Airnet SIC's? I just got hired on with about 900tt and I'm wondering how long it takes to get to 1200? also where do you do your SIC runs?
Thanks

If you sucessfully complete training you'll do your SIC time in a Baron. They'll put you in a run that flies at least 100 hours a month, so you're looking at about 3 months or less of SIC and then you'll take an open PIC spot as soon as you hit it. Good luck!

BushwickBill... yes it will be in our twins(mostly Barons), however even though they are single pilot airplanes, the FAA gives authority to our CP to assign an SIC to that run which then makes that single pilot a/c a two pilot a/c since the assignment of the SIC makes him a "required crew member." It has been talked about, and debated, on here before, however the letter of authority from the FAA that we have on file says exactly what i put above, which puts all debate to rest actually. I did it back in 2000, for 8 months (started here with 500tt) and it was nice to get to participate in the action before being thrown out on a run for the first time the same night you pass your checkride...it gives you a better feel for the operation and what is expected of you when you are ready to upgrade.

aperson, I believe the above about ~100 hours a month is pretty close, and i think you will do most of your SIC'ing out of LCK...they used to let you pick where you wanted to go, but now it is all assigned by the CP so that you will gain the most hours in the shortest period of time.

starchkr said:
BushwickBill... yes it will be in our twins(mostly Barons), however even though they are single pilot airplanes, the FAA gives authority to our CP to assign an SIC to that run which then makes that single pilot a/c a two pilot a/c since the assignment of the SIC makes him a "required crew member." It has been talked about, and debated, on here before, however the letter of authority from the FAA that we have on file says exactly what i put above, which puts all debate to rest actually. I did it back in 2000, for 8 months (started here with 500tt) and it was nice to get to participate in the action before being thrown out on a run for the first time the same night you pass your checkride...it gives you a better feel for the operation and what is expected of you when you are ready to upgrade.

aperson, I believe the above about ~100 hours a month is pretty close, and i think you will do most of your SIC'ing out of LCK...they used to let you pick where you wanted to go, but now it is all assigned by the CP so that you will gain the most hours in the shortest period of time.

Not trying to debate the matter. Just wondering about the opportunity. I'm considering a lot of 135 operations. Seems like a good way to go.

I think riding shotgun for a month would be a good idea. Not sure I want to go single pilot, at the minimums, with icing, my first week on the job anyhow. :)

Airnet

Can someone w/ family (wife working and making good $$$, able to move and get job in/near medium / large cities as a software engineer) make a living at Airnet and be happy. I'm not worried about working nights or doing the same runs. Not interested in the glory of flying the big jets or any jets...Just want to make a living flying for a good company (good company = benefits, good maintenance, good training , safety oriented, people a good priority...)

-LA

Latest resources

Back