Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TEXAN AVIATOR

Bewbies
I recently received a message from an old student saying, "airman will be closed until further notice." I've heard they were getting evicted, but wow.

Not good. I'm going up there tomorrow to get some answers!!! I'll post whatever I find out here... and wherever else I can.

MFR

Looks like I may get to use some of my Delta travel bucks...I need to get in there to talk to 'em. I'll keep y'all posted.

-mini

I hope everything works out for you guys. Are your deposits insured? How much did you have to pay upfront?

Well...if you read the contract real closely, all the "guarantee" talk they have on the website, brocures, etc. isn't a guarantee at all. I talked to Key Bank and they said I'm SOL from their end.

It amounted to $50,000 somehow, even though I only applied for a $30,000 loan. Still not sure how that works. But they owe me another $10,860...I'm sure I won't be seeing that again.

It just amazes me that I signed a paper saying "id like 30k for schooling" and somehow in January I got another 20k without signing anything...but I'm SOL for the additional 20....

...things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

...and thanks! I'll post what I find out.

-mini

If you belong to AOPA, call the legal services plan. You may not be on the hook for the $20K you didn't apply for. If you don't like what you hear, keep in mind that a 172 can be started with just about any key (I started one with a baggage door key once) and I don't think it would be theft if you took the plane out and put some hours on it, since they still have your money. Best of luck to you.

Thanks man...I keep forgetting about AOPA.

Speaking of starting the airplane...don't believe the Duchess had a key...and the door was never locked. hmmmmmmmmm :D

-mini

We had alot of students down talking to us about training today, so it appears they shut down.

Latest resources

Back